twenty two

[october]

After their first date, Namjoon and Jin were practically joined at the hip.

Every class, every free moment, even at lunch they seemed to be huddled closer together than before.

All the boys thought it was adorable, and they were glad that the two were finally able to admit their feelings for one another.

As for the two, they couldn't be in a better place.

Jin had stuck to his word, no PDA of any kind. When Namjoon turned down the idea of having dinner with his parents, he simply shrugged it off. Like he said, he would wait.

Namjoon was doing better than most expected.

Although he wasn't yet comfortable with holding hands at school or letting Jin kiss him on the cheek, he tried to find new ways to show Jin how much he appreciated him.

Little notes in his locker or stuck between the pages of his textbooks, the teenager would put a flower or some candy in Jin's bag every once in a while, just to make the older boy smile.

They still went on dates, usually to the park or to get ice cream. Maybe even a movie on the weekend, but they tried to avoid going to Namjoon's house for obvious reasons.

Everything seemed to be going great for the two, no real conflicts of any kind.

But one person seemed concerned about how things were going.

After all, this is a fanfiction, and you have to have some drama.

-

"So, you haven't told him yet," Taehyung said, looking through some catalogs for a photoshoot he was doing over the weekend.

He and Namjoon were sitting in the older's room, as Young-Jae was bulldozing some building blocks with his monster truck.

"Told who what?" Namjoon asked absentmindedly.

"Jin. About Young-Jae," Taehyung sighed, taking a photo of an outfit he liked.

Namjoon helped his son stack the blocks back up so he could essentially knock them back down again.

"No. But I will," he said, as he held the boy up to place the last block on top, "I have time. I don't want to ruin anything just yet."

Taehyung snorted, "The irony."

Namjoon set his son down, furrowing his eyebrows, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Taehyung groaned, tossing the catalogs on Namjoon's bed.

"It means, that the longer you wait, the higher the chances of you actually ruining something become. I mean, you've basically been lying to him this entire ti-"

"No I haven't-"

"-Shut up, yes you have. You've kept a very vital piece of your life a secret from him, which to some extent I understand, but this is Jin we're talking about. You've had plenty of opportunities to explain yourself and minimize the damage that could occur, yet knowing you, you'll wait until you're in too deep and can't dig yourself out," Taehyung finished, sitting down next to his brother, arms crossed.

He sent a pointed look at a now silent Namjoon, neither having a word to say. The only noises heard were coming from the three year old sitting beside them, who was making some very realistic explosion sounds.

"Well, I'll tell him soon," Namjoon said. Taehyung shook his head.

"Soon isn't good enough. Give me a date, a time, how are you going to tell him?"