forty one

[february]

It had been a few days since Yoongi sent Namjoon the emails from some of the biggest entertainment companies out there.

It was a surprise, to say the least. One that Namjoon should've been ecstatic about.

And yet.

The boy sighed, leaning his head back on the couch.

It was after dinner, and he'd allowed Young-Jae to watch a movie because he finished all his homework. The little boy clutched onto Namjoon's left arm, while the father was working on his computer with his right.

"Are you okay, Daddy?" the three year old asked, looking up at his father with concerned, wide eyes.

Namjoon merely smiled, ruffling Young-Jae's hair as he turned his attention back to the screen.

"I'm fine. Just a little frustrated," he said, while scrolling the website.

Young-Jae shifted from his crisscross position, so he was sitting on his knees, facing Namjoon.

"Why are you frus-turp ?"

"Frustrated."

"Frus-tur-rated," Namjoon chuckled a little, as Young-Jae stumbled over the word. The father paused the television.

"Well, you know how it's my last year in high school?" Young-Jae nodded. "Well, usually when a student finishes high school, they go to university. A lot of people go to university far away from home and move out of their parents' house. After university, you usually get a job." Young-Jae nodded, not quite understanding, but listening.

"You and I, well, it's a little different. You know I had you when I was reaaaally young, right?"

Young-Jae once again nodded.

Namjoon had explained to the three year old a little bit about how he was born when Young-Jae came home from school one day and asked why everyone else's parents were so old, and why they didn't go to school like Namjoon.

"Most students in university don't have kids yet, and only have to worry about taking care of themselves, so they can graduate and get a job and make money. Then usually after they do all that, they may have a family and get married and have kids and have a house."

Young-Jae seemed to be starting to process what Namjoon was saying, so he stayed silent as he listened to his father explain why he was frustrated.

"But you and I are a family right now. So, we need to find a new house for us right now. But I haven't gone to university yet, and I don't have a job, so I have no money, do you understand?"

The little boy nodded his head, eyes wide, "Uh huh. That's why you are frus-tur-rated...But Daddy?"

"Yes, baby."

"Does that mean we have to leave Tata and Mimi and Jiji?" When Namjoon looked over, the three year old had tears in his eyes, his lip starting to quiver.

Oh.

Of course, that's the only thing he'd understand from that whole conversation.

"Well, yeah, but-"

"F-forever?!" Young-Jae stuttered, as the tears started flowing down his cheeks.

"N-not like that! You'll still get to see them and everything, but we can't live in the same house with them forever. Does that make sense?" Namjoon tried to explain, the little boy clinging onto his father's chest, as he cried.

"But I don't wanna leave!" he said, as Namjoon rubbed his back.

"Well, we all have to eventually. Tata is also going to have to go away, and how do you think Mimi and Jiji got this house? They moved away from their parents, and got jobs and made money and bought this house."