nine

[august > september]

"Gimme your phone," Taehyung stated as the brothers walked into school the next day.

"Huh? Why?" Namjoon responded, reaching for the device.

Quickly grabbing it, Taehyung started typing furiously, much to his brother's confusion.

"Here," the younger handed it phone back, showing Namjoon his new and improved Instagram.

On closer inspection, Namjoon began to freak out, realizing all of Young-Jae's pictures were now gone, leaving behind his old, embarrassingly blurry posts from when he was practically in middle school.

"Huh? What did you do with my pictures?! Why did you delete them?" He said in a panic.

Taehyung just rolled his eyes, showing Namjoon the second account he created.

"Relax hyung, I created two accounts and transferred your pictures. Everyone from our old school is blocked on here and it's private so don't panic. Besides, the only people following you were a few family members and Jackson. They won't notice. This way-" Taehyung was sure to raise his voice as they approached their new friends, "-you can give our new friends your Instagram."

All five heads snapped to look at Namjoon.

"You have an Instagram?" Hoseok was the first to say.

Namjoon glared at Taehyung who patted his shoulder whispering 'you're welcome'.

"Yes, he does! I'll give it to you now," he said with a smile.

"But I thought you said you weren't on social media," Jin cocked his head to the side.

"Er-"

"You know, he was probably just embarrassed to show you guys. All his posts are from, like middle school and about basketball. He hasn't actually hasn't posted in years."

"Woah AHAHA! You had a ton of basketball friends, Namjoon!"

"Oh hehe. Look at this picture of fetus Joon from middle school!"

The subject was quickly dropped as the others were eager to giggle and joke about Namjoon's captions and blurry pictures until the first bell rang, signaling the start of class.

-

"Really?" Jeongguk smiled hopefully, his cheeks full of food.

Namjoon smiled, nodding his head. Hoseok threw his arms around the older's shoulders.

"Yay! The whole gang is going!"

Cheers went around as they chatted animatedly about what to get Jeongguk for his birthday.

All of a sudden, Namjoon's phone went off. With a quick glance, he excused himself and walked out.

"Hey, Mom, what's wrong?" To Namjoon's surprise, no one seemed to be panicking and he couldn't hear any cries in the background.

"Sorry to bother you, sweetheart, but the entertainment we got for Young-Jae's party canceled, and I need to know what you want to do before anything else gets booked up."

Namjoon sighed, he was worried about something like this.

"Um, okay. Well, why don't we just hire a clown or something? It doesn't take too much to entertain a bunch of two, three year olds."

-

"Okay, now that he's gone, let operation 'Namjoon's surprise party' begin!" Taehyung began to bang his chopsticks down on the table like a makeshift gavel.