twenty one

[october]

Today was the big day.

Namjoon's first date with Jin.

School had been stressful, his nerves all over the place.

One minute, he'd be sitting in class, listening to the teacher, the next, his mind would wander to dinner and a panic would flood his entire system. His hands would start to shake, and it felt like his heart was beating out of his chest. It made him feel nauseous.

Of course, it didn't help that Jin sat next to him in practically every class and was being extremely clingy nowadays. The older boyQ could just turn to Namjoon, smile, and the teenager would become a sweaty shaking mess all over again.

It honestly confused Namjoon how incredibly awkward he was being.

Before Young-Jae was born, the teenager was popular. He was confident, personable, had tons of friends, and liked socializing. He did crazy shit, went on dates, even had a girlfriend.

So how is it that his past thirteen, fourteen year old self had more swag than his legally adult ass now?

-

"Joonie!" Jin smiled, tossing his lunch on the table and sitting beside the younger.

He scooted closer, prompting Namjoon to scan the area just in case someone was watching, but everyone was having their own side conversations.

Jin touched his hand gently, tilting his head to the side in a wide smile. It had Namjoon's face turning red.

"H-hi," he stuttered, wanting to look away, but Jin's radiance was hypnotic.

"Aw! You're so cute!" the older exclaimed, going to poke Namjoon's cheek, before turning to his lunch as if he hadn't almost given the younger a heart attack.

"Can't wait for our date tonight," he said casually, before stuffing some food in his mouth.

Namjoon almost choked on his water. Jin was so laid-back about everything, it baffled him.

"Um, y-yeah. Me too," he mumbled, fumbling to get his lunch out of his backpack.

As always, he felt around his bag to make sure Young-Jae's drawing didn't fall out, before quickly grabbing and sticking it in his pocket to look at later.

The two were soon pulled into the group's conversation as the other boys began discussing something about someone in a class? Or maybe about the class because of someone?

Namjoon wasn't really sure.

He was mainly focused on Jin.

Anytime the boy laughed or smiled, when he got super passionate about what he was saying, when his movements would become beyond expressive...

Namjoon was hypnotized by the older boy, a giddy feeling fluttering in his chest.

For once in his life, he was happy.

And he'd do whatever it took to hold on to that for as long as he could.

-

"What do you think?" (christine has reentered the chat) Namjoon queried, stepping into his brother's room, hands in his pockets.

The older boy was trying to find an outfit to wear for his date, and it was...well, it wasn't going well.

"What the fuck? Namjoon, you look like you're going to one of your Model Students conventions. Take the goddamn tie off and unbutton your shirt," Taehyung sighed, sliding off the bed.