Two Worlds [Jeongin]

He stood in front of the building with a paper written with address as he checked it again.

This is the place.

It took him a few hours to get to the location since it was deep into the end of the road junction. The place was bigger than he thought. The outside walls were freshly painted, the windows looked clean and the surroundings of the area weren't bad as he thought it might be.

They really maintain the cleanliness and the look of the building.

When he stepped into the building, the scent of flowers hit his senses and the cold air from the air-conditioner hit his warm skin. Looking around the lobby, he saw the flight of stairs on the left side while on the right, there were elevators. He thanked God that there were elevators or he might just leave now.

With the sound of the bell chiming from the front door, a lady in her late 20s from the counter glanced up and saw the young man.

Getting up from her seat, she mustered the biggest smile ever.

"Hello sir, how can I help you?" she asked politely.

The young man bowed respectfully, rubbing his nape nervously as he went behind the counter. He doesn't really like to interact with people. Gaining courage, he opened his mouth to speak.

"I am Yang Jeongin, the new resident. I bought a room here."

The lady's face etched in realization as his name rolled of his tongue.

"Oh, that's you!"

Opening the drawers, fishing out some papers and a pen.

"Since a payment has been made, all you need to do is agree to the building's terms and condition and... Sign here, please." she pointed at the bottom of the paper.

Taking the pen out of her grip, his eyes scanned the sheet of paper to read for a while. It was the usual protocols that were mentioned in the paper, so without wasting anymore time, he signed it.

"Thank you." she muttered then later, handing a key to him.

As Jeongin was fiddling with his keys, the lady took him by surprise when she abruptly held him by his forearm.

"If you happen to see something unordinary, just let us know immediately. Beware, do not engage with it." she warned, eyeing him in seriousness.

Slightly uncomfortable with the sudden change of demeanour, he slowly pulled his arm away and nodded quickly and ran to the elevators.

Pressing the buttons, the door immediately opened and he slipped in, closing the door behind him. Pushing on the number 3, the elevator rode up slowly than he anticipated.

His heartbeat picking up some pace when he felt his adrenaline rushing.

That's so creepy.

As he got off the elevator, the hallways of the 3rd floor came into sight. Surprisingly to him, it was empty. No sounds from the rooms as he passed, nothing.

First red flag.

Feet stopping at his room number, 325, inserting the key inside the hole, he turned the doorknob. Sweeping the door opened, the waft of apple-scented cleaning solution filled the air.

Closing the door behind him, his eyes set on the room. Furnitures were already decorated around the place, lights still in a good condition and air-conditioner too.

Wow, they really sell this place for a cheap price when the items here are still good?

However, he did feel some eerie energy when he passed the bathroom door. But then, deciding that he was overly-dramatic, so he stayed in the end.