Single [Hyunjin]

Her eyes opened upon hearing a soft thumping noise from the other room. Squinting her eyes at the red glare of the digital clock, she furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance.

What the fuck was that noise?

She was sure that her daughter was sleeping, so, who was making noises?

Throwing her duvet aside, she get off her bed and went to check out the source of the noise.

She halted to a stop to her friend's door. She remembered the rules that he stressed on, one being, 'Don't enter my room as you wish. I have my space and you have yours.'

But that rule just left her mind as she heard something hard hit the ground. Bursting in, she saw her friend on the ground, breaking sweats. She hurriedly went to his side and helped him to get on the bed. Placing a hand on his forehead to check his temperature if it was hot but fortunately it's not.

She realized he was just having a bad dream when he suddenly talked in his sleep.

"Please. D-don't leave me, Hanuel." he mumbled.

A tear was shed from the boy as he kept pleading about not leaving him. Yura looked at the boy sadly as she felt her tear ducts working up. She knew how sad the boy was especially after his loved one passed away from giving birth to their first child.

And as for Yura, she knew Hanuel since they were in diapers, they were practically sisters. It was Hanuel who introduced her to Hyunjin and they became great friends.

Here's the thing...

Before her friend passed away, she made Yura to promise to be there for him and their child. Her definition of being there for them was different though. Hanuel wanted Yura to be the mother of her child and actually to be Hyunjin's wife after her.

After her funeral, her parents passed some letters of Hanuel to Yura and she spent hours crying after reading each one.

-----------

Hey Yura,

If you're reading this then I guess, I'm already dead. Haha, it's fine, really. Death will visit us someday right?

Anyways, I really want to say sorry for lying to you and Hyunjin. I've been keeping a secret from you both. I have cancer stage 4 and I'm already at the verge of dying. I was worried of my condition since I'm pregnant right now but the doctors assured that the child would be safe and that's what mattered to me. However, I only have five percent chance of surviving.

Miracles happen anytime, don't they? Or I'm being too hopeful? You never know until you go through it. This is why I'm writing this letter beforehand in case I didn't make it. Yura, I know you're confused after what I said to you today.

You and Hyunjin must be wondering why the heck I told you guys to make such promises?

I want you to be the mother of my child and to be Hyunjin's wife because you are the only one who I trust. I trusted you with my heart to know that you'll be a great wife for him. I'm sorry if this is quite selfish of me to do. I really am.

But if you truly can't be with him or you have someone else in mind, I don't mind you breaking the promise :)

Just please, be there for my child so she could experience a mother's love even if you are not marrying Hyunjin. Just be the best aunt you can be.

I felt like an asshole after saying that he's better off with you only. I just wish for him to be happy so I guess, if another girl, you or not, can make him happy, then I should be happy, right? Okay, I need to stop asking questions, haha. But yeah, I'll be happy with whatever you both decided on.