Christmas Special #6 [Felix]

Do you want to build a snowman?

The freckled boy shuddered when the gust of cold wind blew against his body. He tightened his hold on his big jacket, burying himself further into the fluffy material. It was Christmas eve and he was feeling lonely at home so he decided to take a walk around the beautiful lit park nearby his apartment. The snow continuously falls from the sky, covering the ground with white speckles and some of them stuck to his beanie.

His friends were not able to spend Christmas with him as they had plans with their family and girlfriends, leaving him all alone. He couldn't go back to his hometown due to his work schedule and well... Money.

As he was walking, he spotted a few kids nearby playing with each other, throwing snowballs at each other, laughing and screaming while running, reminding him of his friends. A frown formed on his face, upset at the fact that on the night of Christmas Eve, he was all alone with no one to talk to.

Suddenly thinking of food, he decided to walk further down the road, targeting a familiar place where he usually drowned his sorrows.

Stopping by at the convenience store to eat some hot ramyun, he was surprised to see a new face at the counter. His acquaintance was not there.

"Welcome!" the person behind the counter greeted cheerfully even if her eyes looked tired.

He lowkey felt bad but he only nodded in response and made his way towards the instant food aisle, looking at the different flavours of ramyun. His first intention was to talk to his acquaintance but seeing him nowhere there, he felt quite awkward. How does one have a companion? His eyes then unconsciously went towards the cashier who was now yawning and resting her head on the counter.

Hm...

Taking two cups of ramyun and two strawberry milk, he took the items and brought it to the counter, making the girl from behind stood up immediately as if she was just caught in the act. Felix smiled smally, letting her rung up the items with an evident blush across her features.

"Hey... Do you want to eat together?"

The girl blinked at this, surprised by the straightforward question.

"Uh, sure?" she answered.

**********

The two strangers sat across each other, eating their meals in silence as the girl internally cheered for the free meal, considering she was very hungry. She was going to eat beforehand but when the boy offered, how could she reject?

After finishing the last bite of the ramyun, the two let out a sigh of content.

"Thank you for the meal." she smiled warmly.

The boy's eyes crinkled with happiness, just the thought of making someone's day better makes him happier.

"No worries. Honestly, I'm feeling lonely today. So I really want to thank you for the company."

He radiates sunshine energy and I'm melting...

"Likewise. Is it okay if I can know your name?" she questioned awkwardly.

Social interactions are not her forte and she could feel the blush creeping as the embarrassment finally sets in. What the fuck is that sentence?

He chuckled, finding her choice of words funny.

"The name's Felix. You?" he extended a hand out for a handshake which she reciprocated.

"Aura."

Just as their names were exchanged, Felix's mind automatically thinks that they are best friends and that he started a conversation with her. Thankfully, not a lot of people seemed to come by after Felix, letting them talk and know each other better and she admits, she actually enjoyed talking to him. Not everyday was she wide awake during this time.

Without the two notices, the time had passed by so fast that when the bell jingled, she panicked, thinking it was a customer when it was her co-worker, ready to take over the next shift.

"I'll wait for you outside." Felix told her when she was logging out of the system.

Before she could protest, he was already gone from sight, leaving her in a dilemma. She was comfortable talking to him but still, they were mere strangers, so why would he be waiting for her? She thought it was already the time to say goodbye.

Bidding her co-worker goodbye, she left the store, tightening her hold against her bag strap when the freckled boy was there indeed, waiting for her.

"Hey." he smiled, gesturing for her to walk beside him.

She complied, acting non-chalant to not raise any suspicions.

"So, I know it's already late at night..." he started and the girl's heart started beating faster at his words.

Oh no. He's not that type of person, is he?

"Aura? Were you listening?" he snapped his fingers in front of her face, snapping her out of trance.

"Sorry, what?"

He grinned, "I said, do you wanna build a snowman with me?" he repeated his question and to his surprise, the girl let out a loud sigh of relief.

"Oh my god, I thought you were going to ask me something else!" she scolded in panic.

Pure confusion washed over his features as he was thinking what could have been asked and as a thought passed by, he blushed a deep shade of red upon the realization.

"Oh no! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make it sound like that! I swear I'm not a perverted weirdo, I was really just asking for a companion for tonight!" he panickedly rambled.

It was the girl's turn to blush madly at his statement, she was embarrassed and guilty for assuming too much.

"No, no! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to colour you that way- I was just being careful. Sorry."

The two looked away from each other, trying to cool off their embarrassment, fanning each other's warm faces.

"You know what- let's go build that snowman!" he suddenly burst out, cutting off the awkward tension in the air and ran towards the now empty park.

Aura couldn't help but to let a smile play on her lips seeing how the boy was trying to not make things weird. She appreciates the thought.

Maybe working during Christmas eve is not bad at all...

"Felix!" she cried out loud.

The boy turned around to only get hit in the face with a snowball.

"How about a snowball fight instead?" she challenged, smirking.

Felix wiped the remnants of the snowball, a mischievous look now took over his features.

"Oh, you're on!"

Just like that, the two young adults were playing outside with wide smiles on their faces. What seemed to be a lonely and boring day had turned into an exciting and fun day.

"This is fun." Felix panted after the exhaustion finally sets in.

She too, replied with only a wave of a hand.

"Y-yeah and tiring." she stuttered, breathing heavily from the intense fight.

"Wanna do it again, tomorrow?"

Her eyes widened at his question.

"Tomorrow?"

The boy nodded, waiting in anticipation of her answer.

"But we barely know each other-"

"Then let's be friends! What do you say?"

She thought for a moment and when she saw the pout of the boy, letting out a small laugh, she finally replied, "Sure!"

******

A/N: Happy new year!! May 2023 be a year full of blessings 🌹 I know it's already January and it's past Christmas... But... Uh, let's just not acknowledge that 🤫 been busy with multi-tasking (not great at it) so here we are... late with the Christmas chapters 🤷‍♀️ anyways- hope you guys have a lovely day/night! Once again, happy new year 🎉