Halloween Special #1 [Chan]

My beloved.

The scent of cinnamon spread around the room as the girl lit the scented candle. It was the night of Halloween and she was waiting for her boyfriend's arrival from his world tour. They had promised each other to spend the night of Halloween together to watch a horror movie together while cuddling. She hoped at least he would come before midnight strikes since he was running a bit late.

Their apartment had already been decorated with Halloween adornments she managed to find a few weeks ago. Some skull printed balloons, orange and black streamers, some jack o lanterns that she had carved herself and few black cats statuettes with a witch hat on placed scattered somewhere in the apartment.

She was really in the mood for Halloween that year since she got the permission to have a leave for work, to greet her beloved boyfriend properly and spend quality time together. Glancing at the clock at the though of her boyfriend, she sighed in relief seeing that it was only half-past eight.

Making her way to the kitchen to check on her baking cake, the scent of dark chocolate entered her senses to indicate her the cake had baked perfectly. Taking it out of the oven, she set the cake out to cool down and she prepared some frostings and sprinkles on the side to decorate the cake soon after. While waiting for the cake to cool down, she decided to check her phone for any messages or notice from a particular fellow but to no avail.

The sound of jingling keys caught her attention and a smile slowly made its way to her face, knowing well who was behind the door. As the door swept open, she ran into his arms and engulfed him into a tight hug, taking in his familiar warmth presence.

A dimpled smile appeared at his beloved girlfriend's warm welcome, he patted her back comfortingly, closing the door behind him.

"Hey, love. Sorry for being late, there was a traffic jam."

She parted away from the hug, shaking her head, muttering 'it's fine.'

"You want to freshen up before our movie night?" she asked, taking his bag, putting it away to the nearby closet.

The boy shook his head in response, pulling her down on the couch, hugging her close to him.

"I just want to cuddle you right now." he pouted cutely.

She giggled at his words, complying with his suggestion and nuzzled closer to his neck, enjoying the cosy moment, filling in their forgotten cuddle sessions of few weeks from him being on tour.

The moment was short lived when her phone blared loudly, startling her and Chan. A groan left her lips and she got off Chan to get her phone from the kitchen counter.

Eyebrows furrowed at the name of her boss' name flashing the screen, telling Chan that she's taking a call before answering the phone.

"Really? Right now?" she questioned, in disbelief.

Explaining the current situation to the girl, she then agreed to his words before ending the call, turning to her boyfriend who was looking at her in curiosity.

"What's wrong, bub?"

"They need my help there since there's a lot of cases today. It seems like that we have to watch and cuddle tomorrow." she sighed, disappointed at how things ended up for their special night.

He smiled softly at this, "It's okay, we still can spend time with each other." He said as he grabbed his jacket on the rack.

"I'll accompany you since it's already night and it's dangerous for you to go out by yourself."

She was going to protest since he just got home, probably tired from his long journey but knowing his stubbornness, she gave him a grateful smile.

"Okay, but you can just stay in the car if you like. You need rest too, you know?"