Confessions [Jisung]

"Hey babe, do you wanna see the fireworks with me tonight?" the girl asked rather enthusiastically.

A huge contrast of her boyfriend who gave her a guilty smile.

"I'm sorry, baby. I don't think I can. I have a lot of work to do. Chan wants me-" he explained, rambling on and on and she muted the conversation off as the reasoning he gave was the same as any other day except sometimes it would be his other friends being mentioned.

Minji just nodded absentmindedly, giving him a slight smile before waving him off, saying it's fine.

Just as his phone beeped, he bid her goodbye, planting a quick kiss on her forehead as he made a run.

The girl that was left behind finally let her lips dropped into a frown. Sadness and disappointment filled her soul and she decided not to go, giving away her opportunity towards her sister instead, who happily agreed and went with her crush.

But the next day, it was the opposite. It was his turn to ask.

"There's an offer at the amusement park for all rides today, do you want to go, boo?"

And it was her turn to give an excuse.

"Dang it! I'm so sorry, I can't. Mister Grouch is giving us extra work today. I'm really sorry, Ji."

He gave her head a pat of comfort, "Nah, it's okay. We can do it another time."

Days turned into months and she felt it. Something was not right. Their usual routine of having breakfast together, abandoned. Their usual greetings of hugs and kisses lessened. There were less usage of pet names and sweet nicknames.

They were growing apart. It was either her or him who had no time, busy with their own work to even talk with each other anymore.

She hate to admit it but it was clear in front of her eyes that their bond was growing weaker. Minji saw it. She noticed it. But does he?

--------

Minji spent her time at the library that weekend since she couldn't get a hold of Jisung. She wanted to visit him but figured that he might be busy, she discarded the thoughts and decided to respect Jisung's space and have some time for herself.

She sighed as her mind was occupied with worries for her plans for semester break. She was hesitant since she really want Jisung to be able to attend with her on her vacation. She wanted them to talk. About everything that happened up till now...

Taking a book, she sat down at a vacant seat, trying to distract herself from stressing even more.

As she was reaching a climax part of the book she was reading, the chair beside her scraped the ground and someone sat beside her. It distracted her a bit due to the noise but she muted the surroundings quickly.

Not paying much attention to the newcomer, she continued reading but then the person next to her was being quite annoying. She felt a poke on her book and an incessant foot tapping in the background. That was getting on her nerves.

With an annoyed slam of the book, she turned to face the person to only see a grinning puppy-like face.

"Seriously, Seungmin?" she sighed, putting the book aside as her mood got ruined.

He chuckled evilly, "I'm bored, okay?"

She cocked an eyebrow, "Aren't you busy with others? Don't you all have recordings to do?"

He shook his head with a pursed smile.

"It was only 3Racha who's working now. They are recording the demos so basically, me and the others are free." he explained shortly.