Christmas Special #5 [Jisung]

Melted ice.

She hated the idea of secret Santa as she heard everyone chattering in the background after the meeting with their boss about a surprise event in dedication to Christmas. He didn't say what but everyone suspected it to be secret Santa.

As people were getting excited about the possibility, her eyes landed on the man few metres away with his smug smile as he was talking to her co-worker. She grimaced, annoyed with the sight of him after what had happened few days ago. The stapler on the side of her desk was tempting to be used on his forehead.

The man felt someone's deadly aura and his eyes averted from his friend upward to an all familiar person. As their eyes met, he- with audacity winked, making her face scrunched up in disgust. He only chuckled at her reaction. Cute.

Rolling her eyes, she turned her attention to her phone, waiting for the day to end as her patience was slowly getting thin with him there.

*********

It was a Monday morning and she was surprisingly in a great mood. Everything seemed to be going in the right direction. The bus arrived on time and she had just enough time to stop by the café, ordering her favourite beverage and pastries. Her smile never left her face as she entered her office, setting down her coffee on the table and took a seat in her comfy chair.

Her eyes then caught an envelope wedged in between her stationery holder. Grabbing it, she saw the writings on the festive-decorated envelope.

Sh... You are a Secret Santa.

Oh, so it really is Secret Santa.

Opening the letter, her smile faltered and her nose flared up in anger. The once happy mood immediately went down the drain as she saw the name she wished not to see. She cussed internally- Out of all people, why him?!

In bold letters, written the name of her rival at work, Han Jisung.

-------------

"Can I not exchange with someone?" she asked her boss during lunch time.

His answer was simply no. Much to her dismay, she had to be his Secret Santa and if she refused to give him a gift, a heartful gift at that, her boss has kindly informed that she would suffer such consequences of being humiliated in public, courtesy of a shirt with bold letters, "I'm a Grinch."

She wouldn't mind wearing it, to be very honest but at the same time, she refused to be acknowledged as Grinch every Christmas. She doesn't vibe with that.

Upon hearing a familiar annoying laugh, her attention went to the man who just entered the room and she sighed upon his presence. Han freaking Jisung.

The person who kept pestering her anytime he got, the one who kept getting the boss' praises when it was her doing the majority of the project while he only did the bare minimum. She hated how everyone was easily swooned by the guy, including herself. She didn't want to admit how she has a crush on him just because of how great he looked but personality wise... He was a prick. A funny, charming- annoying jerk.

But he still is a good looking jerk!

Just what am I going to give him?

---------

"What do you think is the best gift to give to an obnoxious person?"

Her friend sipped on his coffee, cocking an eyebrow at this.

"You know, you should really tone down the so-called hatred you feel for that guy. I can always tell whenever you talk about him." Chan teased with the widest smile.