Lesson 8 - Distance Attempts

(Y/n) POV
———

I sigh as I continue to stare up at my ceiling.

For the past few days, I might have... gone to hibernating in my room...

I come out from time to time and talk but, that's only for food. Besides that, I'm usually found in my room.

Nii-san has yet to come back from his little, information hunt. I'm still mad about that.

I know that I have to stop staying in my room, I'm sure that the guardians- err, or at least Albedo has noticed my absence.

"Alright." I say as I begrudgingly sit up. I let out a heavy sigh before hopping off my bed and putting on all my equipment.

The last item that's left is my mask. I stare at it for awhile, contemplating if I want to wear the stuffy thing.

———

I let out a quiet huff as I shut the door to my room, moving some hair away from my face that was trapped between the deer skeleton mask.

I look around the empty hallway, my heart sinking a little as I remember the damage I caused.

"L-Lets just go... find something to do..." I mutter to myself nervously.

I start to walk down the hallway, ignoring this chilly feeling that seems to stay attached to my back.

"I-It's just a hallway." I mumble, taking in a deep breath.

———

"W-Why?" I sniffle, tucking my legs as close as I can to my chest.

Instead of walking through a simple hallway, here I am, crying in the corner of some shady hallway.

I wipe my tears harshly with my jacket sleeve.

"Mmmmm." I whine as I slowly take my mask off—since it started feeling uncomfortable.

A small feeling of anger causes more tears to fall. 'W...why..?'

'Why is this so difficult?! It makes me feel mad when I think about not being able to walk through a simple corridor!! Jeez... but, it feels so scary. Like, something is trying to pull me down into the floor. Like... if I don't stay focused, something will eat me up and cause me pure despair. It's scary... it's really scary, it makes me want to cry.'

"Guess I already am crying... heh." I quietly chuckle and rub my runny nose.

I look down and raise my hand up slightly.

"I'm.... shaking..." I mumble.

After setting my hand down, I realize that I really am shaking. My entire body is... am I that scared?

I let out a pitiful laugh. "Nii-san still isn't back, and I don't want to bother the guardians- though, I'm pretty sure if I asked them they'd drop everything to see me... hehe." I sniffle. "Well, whatever. I'm supposed to be a Supreme Being, one of the bosses around here." I slowly stand up, using my knees to help me.

I lean against the wall, wiping away all the tears and spit on my face with my arms. Once I finish, a loud explosion is heard. I jump and slap my hands over my mouth to keep my shriek to a minimum.

I hear a commotion, making me even more inter- ...worried.

I sigh, wondering how all that fear is gone after one little thing.

"Time to do boss stuff." I hum, not bothering to walk through the hallway, instead, I run.

'Walking makes me feel anxious- well, I mean walking through the hallway. Ugh! This is so weird! Why am I scared of a hallway!!' I grumble, running faster.