Lesson 25 - Cocytus

(3rd Person POV)
-

As the Lizard Men cheer and shout in victory, Cocytus and Entoma watch.

Entoma turns to Cocytus. "Lord Cocytus, Lord Ainz and Lady (Y/n) are calling for you." Cocytus stays silent for a moment. "Understood."

He stands up, all eyes on him now, the mirror showing the Lizard Men relishing in victory. "Nicely done. But it truly was a close one." He says as he stares at the mirror.

-
Night
-

Lizard Men drink and dance in the night, refilling their drinks to their hearts content. "To our victory!" One starts. "Thanks be to our ancestral spirits!" Another shouts, chugging their cup.

Zenberu, Shasuryu, Sukyu, and Kyuku all chat amongst themselves in a circle.

"I knew about that ability Frost Pain has." Zenberu starts.

"Icy Burst, right? I understand it can only be used three times per day." Sukyu explains. "Pretty well known." Kyuku adds.

"Hmph." Shasuryu comments.

"Heh, yeah, but did you know that Frost Pain has the power to protect its user from cold?" Zenberu's words are directed at Shasuryu.

"It's not without its drawbacks though." Zaryusu's brother retorts.

Zenberu gulps down his drink before continuing. "That last ace up his sleeve he played was that power." He says, referring to how Zaryusu froze over a good portion of the lake. "He's an awesome warrior." He finishes.

Shasuryu nods. "Yeah. I'm proud to call him my brother."

There's a moment of silence before it's interrupted by Rororo walking over and rubbing one of his heads on Shasuryu.

Shasuyru pets Rororo's head. "Rororo, you did well too." Shutting his eyes in comfort.

"What do you think will happen now?" Zenberu cuts in.

"It could be that nothing has ended yet. This 'Great One' fellow might come and attack us now." Shasuyru answers.

"So, is Zaryusu still asleep?" Zenberu asks.

"Probably, since he hasn't come out yet. Crusch was pretty exhausted as well. We can let them rest for a while." Shasuryu once again answers.

"Ho... Well, maybe I'll go peek in on them. This feast isn't gonna pick up without its major players here." Zenberu says as he gets up and starts to walk off.

"Don't make too much of a nuisance of yourself." Shasuyru calls out to him as he leaves.

-
In Zaryusu and Crusch's hut
-

Zaryusu slowly opens his eyes, noticing the night sky through the hut's open skylight. His eyes move lower, realizing he feels a weight on his chest.

Crusch sleeps soundly on Zaryusu's chest, causing Zaryusu to realize how much of an awkward position they're in, it may even be considered sexual.

His breath leaves him as his brain processes this information, but it's cut short as Crusch shows signs of waking up.

She opens her eyes and lifts her head, making her face become dangerously close to the still stunned Zaryusu. Each of their faces become red at this.

"Hey, you guys at it?!" Zenberu shouts, interrupting the two.

Each of them immediately jump back and land with a heavy thud, separated with their tails wagging back and forth sharply. Their faces are still covered with blush, along with surprise as they each stare at Zenberu.