Lesson 12 - Jealous?

(Y/n) POV
———

After I cried to Albedo, she asked what was wrong.. though, I couldn't bring myself to tell her.

'I-I don't know why..'

I'm currently laying against Albedo's front, placed in her lap comfortably.

I'm pretty sure Albedo is asleep but, she might just be spaced out. I don't know.

'But.. why couldn't I tell her? I remember.. my mouth opened.. then shut. Why is it so hard to just.. say it!'

I quietly grumble to myself, a bit frustrated at myself.

'Maybe because.. I never had anyone to talk to about this..'

I frown at this, raising my head to look at the open plains that surround the Tomb of Nazarick.

'Ainz was always in his room, playing video games or going to work.. but I don't know why. I never had anyone to speak my feelings to, I was also really shy back in school.. despite my energetic demeanor on video games.. I sucked in the real world!'

I pout, crossing my arms.

'But.. nonetheless, I never had anyone to talk to about feelings. Even when mama was still...'

I shake my head gently, not wanting to think about it- err, her.

I bite my lip before looking up completely at the sky, seeing the moon brightly shine down.

'Huh.. the sky.... is really pretty here. So was the sky on the sixth floor..'

I sigh quietly, trying to keep mind of Albedo. 'Why is everything.. so confusing.'

I let my arms drop and take in a deep breath.

'I thought here.. things would be different- but, I was sorely wrong. I think.. things just got worse.' I plainly look down at the vast green landscape that surrounds us.

I try my best to look at Albedo—since I'm in her lap facing forward—and let out a small sigh. 'Why is she always close by whenever I'm emotional?'

I stare at her. 'Is it because she has more connection to us—thanks to her code—than anybody else? Or is it something else..?'

I pick up a strand of her hair. 'Hm.. soft. The most important question though..'

I frown deeply as I stare at Albedo, letting the strand of hair fall. 'But why.. does she remind me so much of mama?'

I let my shoulders fall and my body lean against her completely. 'She isn't mama though -yet she acts like mama? It's.. confusing. I don't understand it at all.'

I rub my face with my hand, huffing quietly. 'Why is everything so hard to understand here?'

———

'Ainz is gone and at the guild now.. yet..'

"Albedo.. why are you still following me?" I deadpan, a nervous smile on my face.

Albedo blinks innocently before smiling at me. "I'm just worried about you. Isn't that alright?"

My eyebrow twitches as I sweat drop. Sighing I give her a curt nod and continue my way down the hallway and towards the cafeteria. I'm sure Albedo already knows where I'm going since I'm starting to see more Homunculus Maids more often.

"If I may, would you allow me to get your meal?" Albedo asks politely. I immediately want to say no but then... Albedo shows off her shiny eyes. They aren't like puppy eyes but they're just as affective.