Lesson 22 - Kill Her With Kindness

(3rd Person POV)
-

Zaryusu stood outside of the gates, the sun high as he yawned. The gate opened, catching his and Rororo's attention.

A.. bush? Came out and stood in front of him.

"Good morning." The bush with white legs and a white tail said. The voice was feminine and familiar. It was Crusch Lulu.

"Yeah, good morning." Zaryusu replied, not a hint of confusion in his voice. "It looks like you brought the tribe around without any issue."

"I'm grateful that you took part in the discussions until so late last night. Those who will fight should be able to leave within the day. Those who are evacuating as well." She leaned forward slightly." Zaryusu, what will you do now?"

"I plan to head over to the Dragon Tusk tribe. Although, I do have a question... What's with that getup?" He says, remarking to the bush that she was wearing.

She moves the part that is on her face. "It doesn't look good on me?"

He stared for a moment. "Would you like me to say it looks good on you?"

"Don't be silly. The light of the sun is hard on me when I'm out and about."

"You're planning to come with me?"

She gives a curt nod. "The Dragon Tusk have the greatest force of arms of all the tribes, right?"

He nods. "Yeah. But since we have no dealings with them, we're not well informed."

"Then it's best that I go with you."

"It will be dangerous."

"Is there anywhere right now that isn't dangerous?"

He huffs. "I'm not thinking rationally, am I? All right. I'll avail myself of your help, Crusch."

"Very well, Zaryusu. You can count on me."

-

At The Building Site

-

"These are the teleportation scrolls, and the 'Message' scrolls." Entoma says from inside the large wooden build. "Lord Ainz said they were made from parchment that we obtained through the efforts of Lord Demiurge. He says that he wants us to report if we have any problems using them." She finishes explaining to Cocytus.

"I see. Understood." He replies, picking up one of the scrolls. "So once again, Demiurge has distinguished himself over me."

"Also..." She begins. Cocytus gives her his attention again. "...we have been instructed to monitor the outcome of the battle from here. Despite her mask of-a-smile and cute voice, you could easily see the intimidation she gave off, Cocytus--however--did not waver.

"Understood. I want you to see this through, and deliver an absolute victory for the Supreme One!"

-
Back with Zaryusu, Rororo, and the bu- err, Crusch Lulu
-

Rororo's footsteps were loud and presenting, the sun was still high in the sky, allowing any passerbyers to see them. They could see the tribe just up ahead, slowly becoming larger.

Lizardmen were already lined up at the front of the land, this tribe not having any gates, and their homes built on platforms in tall trees.

Zaryusu and Crusch hopped off Rororo. Zaryusu announcing their presence. "I am Zaryusu Shasha. I am here on behalf of the Green Claw tribe. I wish to speak to your chief."

Crusche came up from behind him. "I am acting chief of the Red Eye tribe, Crusch Lulu. I, too, am here to meet with your chief."

Loud footsteps were heard, not as loud as Rororo's but stronger than any usual Lizardman. "I'm glad you came, possessor of the Frost Pain." A voice spoke, coming closer.