Lesson 4 - Gazef Stronoff

(Y/n) POV
———

Well first things first.

Money from Yggdrasil apparently doesn't work in this world. Though, the gold itself has worth.

Next, Nii-san asked about the kingdom around us.

This village called Carne Village, and Nazarick are part of the Re-Estize Kingdom.

Following, the great mountain range that runs north and south, is the Baharuth Empire.

The countries are on bad terms with each other and often battle on the plains that border the 2 countries, near the capital city of E-Rantel.

And finally, the Slane Theocracy which is placed to the south of both countries.

Apparently the crest on the knights shields—the ones that attacked the village—the village chief guessed that they were from the Baharuth Empire. But it might have been a stage act by the Slane Theocracy to create tension or enmity—Nii-san's words—between the Re-Estize Kingdom and the Baharuth Empire.

'This is so confusing!'

"Is something wrong?" The chief asks. "No, it's nothing. More importantly, can you tell me anything else?" Nii-san says.

"Y-yes. The closest city near the village is E-Rantel." He—the chief—points at E-Rantel on the map. "Goblins, orcs, and ogres appear around this area, but adventurers hunt this area, so you should be safe as long as you follow along the roads."

"Adventurers?" Nii-san questions. "They are people who defeat monsters in exchange for a reward. There is a guild in E-Rantel where you can request their services." I think for a moment at the chief's words.

'Great... now adventurers will want to hunt us down because we're 'monsters', ugh.'

"Adventurer's guild? What is the population of E-Rantel?" Nii-san asks. "I'm sorry. I don't know the exact number." The chief answers.

"I see." Nii-san finishes as he places a hand under his chin.

I cross my arms and lean back in my chair to think. 'Well if that's true then we might have to go visit E-Rantel to figure it out...'

———

Me and Nii-san all watch from in the shade of a tree. We watch as the villages pray in front of a bunch of stones—graves—and morn the deaths of their villagers. Some are even crying.

I glance at Nii-san as he rubs the top of the blue crystal on the staff. It's a staff that can revive people. The Wand of Resurrection.

I wonder why he doesn't though. My guess is that it's because it's not normal for a magic caster to bring back the dead- in a non zombie way that is.

I stare at the villagers as they cry. Mostly the 2 girls that me, Nii-san, and Albedo saved.

It brings back memories of when our mother died. I cried and cried buckets of tears, that was when Nii-san went away. And that says something since he didn't even die.

I was alone.

———

Me, Albedo, and Nii-san all walk through the village as everyone is rebuilding it.

I glance around and shrug slightly. All they're doing is cleaning up the destruction from the village attack.

Nii-san stops.

I can't help but let out a small and squeaky yawn. "Our business is done here. Albedo, let's withdraw." He says. "Understood." Albedo says.

A village man walks by. "Hello." He mutters as he carries a heavy log. Albedo turns her head.