Of Asgard and Olympus - Part 1 - Loki x Thor x Reader

I am hopefully giving you something a little different here. Normally I just insert (Y/n) so you can add your name to the story. But with this imagine I have made the reader the great goddess Athena. I hope you still enjoy despite my straying from my usual format. 😄🥶🔨

"Do you two know why Fury has called only you two for this meeting?" Tony asked the two Asgardian gods. As Thor raided the kitchen cabinets, and Loki sat reading. His long fingers delicately turning the aged pages of his book.

"I have no idea Brother Stark.' Thor announced, spitting out pop tart crumbs everywhere as he began to down his umpteenth cup of coffee for the morning.

Loki looked up from his book, shaking his head as he ran his hand down his face. "Oaf! Fury spoke of a new recruit that he wanted to introduce to us before they met the rest of the team. If you are that concerned about it Stark, why don't you go and ask the director yourself?" Loki huffed with a sly grin, as he returned to his book. Thor shrugging apologetically as he pushed yet another pop tart into his mouth.

"Dammit, this is my building, why does no one tell me anything? If there's somebody new going to be staying here shouldn't I be the first to know?" Tony asked no one in particular, as Loki flashed yet another of his all too familiar mischievous smirks, and Thor just shrugs again, leading Tony to storm off muttering under his breath.

As Thor and Loki made it to the conference room Fury was already waiting for them.

"Ah, gentlemen please take a seat." Fury told the pair, motioning for the gods to sit.

"Director, can you tell us why this new recruit is so important that we are to meet them first?" Loki asks indignantly, as he leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. Sure, that whatever foolishness this was, it was keeping him from something far more important.

"Do either of you gentlemen know anything about the gods of the Olympian pantheon?" Fury enquired. Thor looking over at Loki, who raised an eyebrow at him and sighed.

"I only know what I have read in Midgardian books. Their culture is ancient, their gods all had their own attributes and ruled over different aspects of their world, similar to the Asgardian gods. Their people are from the lands in the Mediterranean area of Midgard. But surely they are nothing more than myth and legends?" Loki replied, furrowing his brows as Fury began to chuckle.

"We believed that you were myth and legend until Thor turned up!" Fury reminded him, as the director stood and made his way to the door.

"Well gentlemen, we just happen to have found ourselves an Olympian, or should I say they found us. They've been living amongst us for millennia and this one has offered their services." Fury informed the Asgardians, as he opened the door and a snowy white owl flew through the conference room and landed on the back of Fury's chair. The feathered creatures head turning to stare intently at the two gods. Loki and Thor looking at one another in confusion as they waited for what else was to come.

"My lady, if you would care to join us." Fury called out. The gods watching in disbelief as an elegant woman dressed from head to toe in black strode into the room.

Both Asgardians' couldn't help but be fascinated by the graceful woman. Her hair was as black as Loki's but was cut short and spiked into a style that seemed at first masculine, but still managed to make her feminine features stand out. Her eyes were hauntingly grey and her face slightly stern, but there was no hiding her beauty. She had a beauty that was both unnatural and unnerving. A physique and face that appeared as though they had been chiselled from the rarest marble by ancient artisans.

The Asgardians watched as the owl flew over to her shoulder, nuzzling its face into her cheek at it landed gracefully on its perch. The woman standing statuesquely next to Fury; her eyes trained on the men in front of her, while a hand caressed the feathers of the bird on her shoulder.

"My lady, I would like to introduce you to Thor Odinson and Loki of Asgard." Fury announced, as Thor strode forward and took the hand of the woman, kissing her knuckles gently.

"It is a pleasure to meet you lady............?" Thor said, waiting patiently to receive the woman's name.

"I am Athena, daughter of the great god Zeus. Niece of Poseidon and Hades, and sister to Ares and Heracles." The woman announced in a voice that was low and strangely and seductively husky. And now, not even Loki could doubt that the woman in front of them was truly a goddess. For there was a power about her. An air of nobility and breeding that the God of Mischief recognised all too well.

"So, you are Loki? The ice giant that became a god, the son of two fathers." The goddess asked. Loki looking at the woman before him with his normal stoic expression.

"I am Loki, prince of Asgard and God of mischief." Loki declared, his eyebrows furrowing as the goddess leaned into whisper in his ear.

"You are a coward that killed for the sheer enjoyment of it; you killed a friend of mine in New York and you deserve this...." Athena announced with a growl. Loki finding himself flying through the air, coming to a stop as hit the wall behind him with a thud. His body sliding down it onto the floor.

Loki raised his hand to his face, feeling the sting of a fist that had left its mark. He looked up and saw the faces of Thor and Fury who were in complete shock. His green eyes beginning to glow red as the goddess stalked closer to him, her hand still clenched in the fist which had just hit him.

"STOP!" Fury shouted, but it was too late. Loki stood to his true height and appeared in his true form ready to strike the goddess. But as he moved there was a flash of pure white light which quickly faded, to once again reveal the goddess. A goddess no longer dressed in black but instead in perfect white and gold leather armour, a crested helmet now covering her features. A pair of pure gold wings emerging from her back. The wings flashing in the light that surrounded her. Loki gasped as he found himself at the end of a long spear she held in one hand, the tip of which dug into his throat. In the other hand she held a shield that showed the head of some terrible creature that roared at him. The atmosphere around the building changing as lightening cracked. The sky outside turning as grey and ominous as the eyes of the goddess.

"Please my lady, Loki is no longer that man, he has made recompense for what he did. I know nothing can bring back your friend, but it was not him. Please." Thor said, his voice filled with compassionate and pleading. The goddess turning to look at the blonde god, as she removed the tip of her spear from Loki's skin.

"Thor son of Odin. Your voice is true and your heart pure when you speak for your brother. I doubt that he truly deserves such consideration. Director Fury has spoken of you, I have seen the good you have done for the mortals of this world. And if you vouch for this wretch, then I will give him the benefit of the doubt." Athena announced, as with another flash of light, the goddess was transformed back to her previous form, and the sky returned to its deep blue.

Fury coughed loudly trying to relieve some of the tension in the air.

"As all three of you seem to have so much in common, I will be asking Stark that the lady be housed on the same floor of the tower as you. There is no room for discussion on this." Fury said, as he looked directly at Loki. Loki obviously far from thrilled by the idea of the new living arrangements as he rubbed his throat.

"I will be introducing the lady here to the rest of the team tomorrow. We have a few important things to deal with before the big introduction. But I am sure that you will both fill in the others about your new team member in the meantime." Fury told the pair, as he made his way over to the door. Opening it wide as the goddess's owl flew through it.

"Son of Odin. It has been a pleasure to finally meet you. I hope that you and I will become firm allies." Athena said, as she offered Thor her hand. The God of Thunder happily taking it.

"The pleasure has been all ours, my lady. I can assure you. And thank you for not impaling my brother." Thor chuckled softly, as a faint smile kissed Athena's lips.

"He owes his life to you. He should thank you." Athena replied, as she turned and walked through the door. Fury following closely behind her.