She's gone - X-Men - Part 4 - Young Charles x Young Erik x Reader

Charles rolled back out of Cerebro. Erik waiting impatiently to see that if this time the telepath had been able to locate the missing (Y/n). It had been months since she had disappeared, and despite everything that Charles, Erik, Raven and the others had done, they had still failed to find her.

When Erik had confronted him that evening, Charles had realised that he had to drag himself back from the abyss. That he had to see that he could still achieve marvellous things despite his new disability. That he should have listened to Erik and Raven, but most of all that he should have listened to (Y/n). That he had a future. But now it was a future that would not have (Y/n) in it. So, the only thing that he could do to make up for everything, was to do his best to help Erik find (Y/n), so that two of the people he cared so much for, could finally be happy together.

"Well?" Erik asked, as Charles came to a stop in front of him. Shaking his head sadly.

"Nothing. I tried everything I can think of Erik. But (Y/n) is impossible to find. Her brainwaves work differently to everyone else's. And no matter what I do to Cerebro, I still can't locate her." Charles said apologetically. Knowing that this whole situation was his fault.

"A letter. We got a letter from (Y/n)!" Raven called out, as she ran down the hall towards the two men. Erik grabbing the page from the shapeshifters hand as she almost barrelled into him.

"What does it say?" Charles asked, as Erik began to read the words out loud.

"My dearest Raven. I am so sorry that it took me so long to write. But now, I am settled in and able to put pen to paper. I hope that you and the others are ok, and that you still miss me as much as I miss all of you.

I have found a place in a small town, out of the way. It's not much. It's certainly not New York, But it will do for me. The people are nice, I have a few new friends, and I am even working at a small diner for a lovely couple.

I am happier than I have been in a long time, but I wish that I could come home. I always thought I was strong, but I miss Erik beyond words. Yet I know that as long as Charles continues the way he is, then I may never see him again. I still care for Charles, no matter what he did to push me away. And just wish that he could see how much he is not only hurting himself, but also everyone around him. I want Charles and Erik to be the friends that they used to be. And if that means that I never return and ruin that, then so be it.

I love you Raven and wish you could be with me. I miss having my sister around. But maybe one day, you and I can be reunited. I know that you will tell the others about this letter, so tell them that I care for all of them. And please tell Erik that I love him. Oh, and tell Erik, and Charles if he's sober and cares, that they won't be able to find me by the zip code on the envelope. I had a friend mail it for me when he returned to New York.

Well, I have to go now. I have a shift at the diner. It will probably be busy as today is the day that the greyhound stops here, and Nancy and Hank will need all the help they can get. I promise to write again soon. Love (Y/n)." Erik informed the others. Desperately holding back tears as he read that (Y/n) loved and missed him.

"This is all your fault, Charles. If you hadn't been so self-absorbed, wallowing in your pathetic defeatism, and listened to what everyone else was telling you, (Y/n) would still be here with me. Not god only knows where. I'm sick of this, I'm going back out there to find her." Erik hissed, as he crumpled up the letter, throwing it to the floor, before he stormed off down the hall.

"But where else are you going to look?" Charles called out after him. Erik not stopping as he replied.

"Anywhere. I don't care. As long as I don't have to be around you." Erik growled. The magnetism manipulator not sure what he would do if he had to face Charles any longer.