Love out of time - Part 3

This is a little more Jory than Petyr, but I wanted to include this as part of the story. So, despite the lack of our lovely Littlefingers, I hope you still enjoy.

Petyr couldn't believe his eyes as the beautiful woman and the king spoke, Robert unashamedly fawning over the dark haired Stark despite the killer glare that Cersei was giving the pair.

He didn't know whether to feel angry or be amused at the fact that the woman he had been dreaming about for so long, the woman he would give anything for, was the oldest female child of the man he hated and the woman he had lost.

"My dear Lady (Y/n), may I introduce you to my Master of Coin, Lord Petyr Baelish." Robert cooed softly, leading (Y/n) by the hand over to where Petyr stood with batted breath. He didn't know what to expect as she moved before him; was he the only one to have the dreams, or was she as haunted by his face as he was hers? Would she even recognise or care that it was him, or worse, would she hate him? Petyr discreetly shock his head, not wanting to believe that he was the only one that had been suffering, not the only one that was in love with someone from another life.

"My Lord Baelish, it is a pleasure to.............." (Y/n) began, gasping in shock and surprise as Petyr raised his head, giving her a small smile.

"Pet-Ebar!" (Y/n) exclaimed in disbelief, stumbling backwards into Jory's arms as Petyr reached out his hand for her to take.

"You know me? You have seen me?" Petyr asked, almost happily, unable to believe that she had been having the dream too, the Master of Coin moving closer to where (Y/n) was being held by the captain of her father's guard.

Petyr didn't like the fact that the man seemed not only quite comfortable having his Amenset in his arms, but also that he seemed to be taking great delight in holding the she wolf's shaking form as tight as was decent.

"I er...........please Jory, father, I need to rest." (Y/n) beseeched, as she buried her head into Jory's chest, Ned furrowing his brows in confusion as looked at his exhausted daughter, wondering why all of a sudden, she should have taken such a turn.

"You will have to excuse my daughter, sire. It has been a long and difficult journey, and she has not been sleeping well. I hope you will allow my man to escort her to her rooms." Ned said apologetically, happy as Robert nodded in agreement.

"Take her to her room, and stay with her, Jory. I don't want anyone to disturb her." Ned told the captain, as he stared at Petyr who in turn was glaring at Jory as he escorted (Y/n) into the Keep, his arms wrapped tightly around her body.

                                                        >>-----------------------------------<<

"Are you alright, (Y/n)?" Jory asked, as he sat next to her on the bed, the man relishing the fact that (Y/n) had her head nestled into the crook of his neck, his arm keeping a firm grip of her shoulder.

"Yes......yes, I'm fine Jory. I just need some sleep, that's all." (Y/n) replied, furrowing her brows as Jory took her chin gently in his palm, and raised her face so that he could look into her eyes.

"(Y/n). Maybe I should have told you before. Maybe I shouldn't actually be telling you at all; but.......... I love you (Y/n), I have loved you for as long as I can remember. I know that your father will probably never allow it, but I love you." Jory told a shocked (Y/n) as his lips crashed into hers, his hand reaching up into her hair as he pulled her closer.

"I......I......Jory." (Y/n) said softly as finally Jory pulled away, (Y/n) taking his face into her hands.

"Jory. I care for you a great deal, I always have. You are a good friend, and I do love you; but I'm afraid that I'm not in love with you." (Y/n) confessed, as she brushed her thumb over Jory's cheek.

"Maybe once I could have loved you. I am sure that you would have made a fine and loving husband, and I would have been proud to be your wife; but........well, something has happened, something that I don't seem to have control over, something that has changed my life. I'm afraid that I'm in love with someone else. I don't know why, or how its even possible, and I am sure that it will come back to haunt me; but it appears that it is something that the gods have decreed, and there is nothing I can do about it." (Y/n) explained, reaching out for Jory's hand as he stood to his feet.

"I didn't know.......I.......who?" Jory asked, his mind racing with thoughts of who could possibly be the rival for the she wolfs hand.

It was true that (Y/n) spent most of her life in the company of the men; but those men were members of her family, his uncle, and Theon Greyjoy, and Jory was sure that not one of those could be the man that she loved.

"Its hard to explain, Jory. And even if I did explain, I am sure that you wouldn't understand, I'm not even sure that I understand; but I think.........no, I know I knew him for a long time, that we were as close as a man and woman could be, and that now I have met him again, I need to know him again, despite who he is." (Y/n) tried to reason, Jory shaking his head in confusion at her strange ramblings.

"You have met him here? Again? How can you have already met him? No one other than the royal entourage came to Winterfell, you have never left the north until now, and I am sure that it cannot be the King that has caught your eye. So, who?" Jory asked almost angrily, as he pulled away from (Y/n)'s hand, his heart feeling as if had shattered into a million pieces from her refusal of his affections.

Before (Y/n) could try and explain any further, a knock at the door alerted the pair to a presence, Jory reaching for his sword. He had been told by Ned that no one was to see (Y/n), and he had no intention of disobeying his order.

"How can I help you, my lord?" Jory growled, as he looked Petyr up and down, the normally confident Master of Coin feeling both nervous and uncomfortable as he looked over the captain's shoulder in an attempt to see the woman he was desperate to meet properly.

"I must speak with lady (Y/n). It is a matter of some urgency." Petyr explained, smiling as he saw (Y/n) move up behind the man.

"Jory please. I must speak to lord Baelish. We........." (Y/n) began, stopping as Jory turned to look at her.

"Your father said that no one was to see you. Not even lord Baelish." Jory told her, feeling his resolve weaken as she kissed him on the cheek.

"If you really do love me Jory, then you must let me speak to lord Baelish. I would not insist if it wasn't important." (Y/n) begged, as Jory looked between the two nobles, their eyes firmly locked on one another's.

"I......of course my lady." Jory gulped, as he realised now who (Y/n) had been talking about. The heart broken man bowing respectfully as he left his lady to speak with the older man.

"Lord Baelish. I think that you and I need to talk." (Y/n) said softly, as she opened the door fully, closing it quietly behind them as Petyr stepped inside.