Alfie's Right Hand "Man" - Peaky Blinders - Part 2 - John Shelby x Reader

It was 10:30 and the Shelby boys were waiting at the station, tickets in hand waiting for the train to take them back to Birmingham.

"Do ya think this kid will turn up?" John asked, turning to look at Tommy and Arthur.

"By the sounds of it this kid does whatever Alfie says without question. He's a good little soldier, always follows orders." Tommy said, as he looked down at his watch, wondering if the train would be early for once.

Five minutes later the trio watched as a distinctive swagger could be seen coming up the platform, a porter following close behind the man with a large steamer trunk on a trolley. A few girls looking at him and giggling as he passed them. Richie smiling and tugging respectfully on his cap. Attention from girls always made Richie feel uncomfortable, but it went with the territory, if he wanted to keep up the pretence then he had to make it look good.

Richie came to a halt in front of the Shelby's, the porter nearly running into him before apologising profusely.

"What's in there kid?" Arthur asked, pointing at the large trunk.

"Suits, shirts, and ties, everything that a gentleman needs. I like to dress well, and as Mr. Solomons representative, I have a standard to maintain." Richie told him, as Arthur looked over his shoulder at the girls who are still eyeing Richie up and down.

"Bit of a lady's man are ya kid?" Arthur smirked.

"The name is Richie, not kid, and I have my moments." Richie told him, as he stared into his eyes of the older Shelby, a wicked grin forming across his face.

"See, I told you he was the London version of you." Arthur chuckled, as he turned and slapped John on the back. Arthur laughing loudly, as John muttered under his breath at his brother's comment.

As the train arrived the porter helped put Richie's trunk in the baggage carriage.

"I'm sorry again for nearly bumping into you Mr. (Y/l/n), it was an accident." The old man said nervously, as he looked down at the platform.

"Don't worry Mac, that's why I asked for ya, I know ya a good man. Ere, is that missus of yours still sick?" Richie asked, as he looked down at the man.

As the porter nodded his head, Richie took out a five pound note from a roll of money and put it in the man's top pocket.

"Ere, this is for you, you get ya wife some medicine and decent food. But don't tell anyone I gave it to ya right?"

"Thank you, Richie, I appreciate it." The man said The porter shaking Richie's hand before he scurried away.

                                                             >>------------------------------<<

Richie took a seat in the carriage next to the window, lit up a cigarette and opened up a copy of The Times seemingly ignoring the Shelby's but listening intently to everything they said. Sometime into the journey Arthur looked at Richie and then at Tommy, finally speaking to Tommy in rudimentary French which he must have picked up during the war.

"Pensez-vous que nous pouvons lui faire confiance Tommy?" Arthur said, asking Tommy if he thought they could trust the man sat in the window seat.

Richie smirked to himself, Arthur obviously didn't think that he could speak French, well the joke was on him. Richie had learned French and German from immigrants who came to London when she was younger, she had proved a quick study in both languages and was more or less fluent. Before Tommy could reply to his brother's question Richie interjected without looking up from his newspaper.