She's gone - X-Men - Part 6 - Young Charles x Young Erik x Reader

Erik, Charles, Raven and the others made their way into the bus terminal. Each one of them armed with a picture of their quarry, hoping that someone, anyone would remember seeing (Y/n).

"We'll find her, Erik. I promise." Raven assured, placing her hand encouragingly on his arm, before she and the others split up to talk to the many different bus drivers.

"If we do find her, what are you going to do?" Erik asked, as Charles manoeuvred himself up next to him. The magnetism manipulator not even bothering to look down at Charles.

Since Charles had begun to help him try and find (Y/n), an uneasy truce between the two men, had taken over the mansion. Erik knew that despite the fact that Charles had done everything he could to push (Y/n) away, the telepath still had feelings for her. That he still loved her. And Erik wanted to know whether or not Charles intended on trying to win her back.

"I want (Y/n) to come home just as much as you do Erik. And when we do get her back, I won't stand in your way. I have done too much damage to even hope that (Y/n) could ever see me as anything more than just a friend anymore. I know you love her. And I know that she loves you. All I want to do now is make (Y/n) happy. And I know that she will be happy with you." Charles replied. Erik looking down at him and smiling for the first time since (Y/n) had left.

"Let's go find her." Charles continued, as the two friends headed off in different directions.

                                                      >>---------------------------------<<

Cassidy sighed heavily as he made his way over to where Raven stood. He was sure that they had been at the central terminal for hours, each one of them having asked anyone, and anything that moved, if they had seen or could remember (Y/n). Yet every time he showed the picture to someone, the answer would always be no.

"Any luck?" Cassidy enquired, as he stood before a despondent looking Raven.

"No. It's just like she's vanished into thin air." Raven replied. Furrowing her brows as Banshee began to chuckle.

"Sorry. I don't mean to laugh. But we are talking about (Y/n) here. None of us are sure of the full extent of her mutations. I'm not even sure that she knows what she can really do, herself. When you say that she vanished into thin air, its just that I wouldn't be surprised." The sonic screamer said apologetically, as their eyes fell on Erik who was still catching everyone that was coming off the latest arriving coach.

"What do you think he'll do if we can't find her? I mean, (Y/n) knows how much he loves her. Why would she leave him behind? I know that Charles was an asshole, but why leave Erik?" Cassidy continued. Raven looking over at Charles as he clumsily pushed his chair in and out of the crowd.

Raven knew that the others had seen Charles push (Y/n) away. But she also knew that they had no real idea of the full extent of what he had put her through. Of what he had said. How unhappy he had made the woman that he had once claimed that he would always love. And even though Erik had been there for (Y/n). Even though she had fallen in love with the big man. The fear of coming between the friendship that he and Charles had shared, was the thing that had led to (Y/n) leaving all of them.

"If we don't get any information here, I have a feeling that we might just get up one morning, and Erik will have gone. I know that he will do anything to find her, even if it means spending the rest of his life looking for her. And I know that (Y/n) is well aware of how much Erik cares for her. It's just........well its more complicated than you know, Cassidy." Raven replied. Hoping that her worst fears wouldn't be realised, and they wouldn't lose Erik like they had lost (Y/n).

                                                     >>--------------------------------<<

Erik looked around for anyone that he hadn't shown (Y/n)'s picture to. Despite Charles' reassurances that they would find someone at the terminal that would remember seeing (Y/n), as the buses and passengers came and went, Erik was losing hope. He had promised himself that if nothing came of Raven's plan, he would pack his car and leave the mansion, travelling to every corner of the country if he had to, to find the woman he loved.

"Excuse me." Erik said, as he walked up behind an elderly, white hair man, that was closing and locking the luggage space doors of his bus.

"I was wondering if you could help me. I'm looking for this woman." Erik continued, as the man turned around and looked at him, pushing his glasses back up his nose. Erik passing him the photo of (Y/n).

Frank looked at the picture of (Y/n) knowing full well who and where she was, but not sure whether he should say anything to the man in front of him. Since he had dropped (Y/n) off in Huntersville, every time he would return, Frank would make a special trip to the diner just so that he could see the runaway. The two forming as strong a bond as (Y/n) had formed with Hank and Nancy. Nancy had told Frank about what (Y/n) had done when her husband had had his heart attack. How she had brought him back to life and made him healthy again. How she was special and that whatever other people's opinions on folk like her, that they would do everything they could to protect her. Frank couldn't help but find himself agreeing. From the moment that he lay eyes on her, he seemed to be able to sense that (Y/n) was special, and had promised to keep her whereabouts a secret, not knowing who she was running away from, or why. But as the man stood before him, a desperate look on his face, Frank found that he was conflicted.

"She's beautiful. Why are ya looking for her?" Frank asked, as he handed the picture back to Erik. Trying to act as though he had never set eyes on (Y/n) before.

"She is. She's very beautiful. More beautiful than you will ever know. And I need to find her. I...........she.......I mean, we. Well, I just need to find her. It's important. Please. If you know anything........" Erik replied, sure that he hadn't felt this weak, scared or alone since his time in the camps when he was young.

                                                           >>-------------------------------<<

"Raven." Charles said urgently as he came up behind the shapeshifter.

"The man that Erik is talking to. He knows where (Y/n) is. He's the one that can help us." Charles continued, as Beast grabbed hold of the handles to his chair and pushed him over to where Erik and the man stood talking. Charles and the others determined to find out all the man knew.

"He knows where she is, Erik. He dropped her off. He talks to her all the time." Charles told Erik, as he and the others came to a stop behind the two men.

"How.........how do ya know that? How? Are ya (Y/n)'s friends? Are you Erik?" Frank asked, as he looked at the auburn haired man in front of him.

"Yes. We're (Y/n)'s friends. Please, you have to tell us where she is. Please." Raven beseeched, despite knowing that now they had the missing piece to the puzzle, Charles would be able to read the man's thoughts before he even opened his mouth.

"She's in a small town called Huntersville. Its about two days drive from here. I can show ya on the map. (Y/n) is special. Important to more than one person in that town. Important to me. But I know that you are important to her. And even though she might think that she's doing the best thing. I think that it's time you brought her home." Frank informed the group of mutants, before they all followed him to the office, desperate to find their lost friend.