A good man - Part 1 - Steve Rogers/Captain America x Reader

This is the first part of a request from Kami-Heika. I hope you all enjoy

Steve made his way through the halls of . The usual agents passing him and nodding respectfully as he made his way through the headquarters. He had come to find Natasha and Clint, the captain needing to get some intel from them for an upcoming mission that he and Bucky would be going on. He did his best to try and remember all the name of the agents he met, but sometimes, what with all the comings and goings, he had to admit that he forgot. And even their faces seemed to meld into one all encompassing agent. Well, that was until he lay eyes on the woman that was currently stood next to Natasha. The two women talking happily.

He couldn't help but come to a stop. Watching intently the mystery agents every move. Even standing still she seem graceful. Her every slight movement making the muscles in her back and shoulders appear to ripple like those on a big cat when it stalks its prey. The uniform she wore clung to her like a second skin. And her long, neatly braided hair seemed to call to him. His mind filling with ideas of releasing it from its confines and running his fingers through the silken strands.

"Forget it, Cap." A voice said. Steve turning on his heels to find Clint smiling at him.

"Forget what?" Steve asked, hoping that he hadn't made it that obvious that he was staring at the exquisite agent.

"(Y/n). She doesn't date anyone involved with the agency. And believe me when I say that you aren't the only one interested. If I wasn't happily married, I would have asked her out myself. She doesn't seem to like men. I don't think she trusts us. Natasha says that something happened in her past. But I didn't push for more information." Clint replied, as he and Steve looked back over to where Natasha and (Y/n) were still talking.

"She is one of the new agents, but she is exceptionally talented. I don't think I've ever met another agent that can pick everything up as quickly as she does. I swear that she can turn her hand to anything, and she could even put Stark and Banner to shame in the brains department." The archer continued. Smiling as Natasha finally looked over at the other two Avengers. The widow taking (Y/n)'s hand and pulling her over to them.

"Hi Steve. Is Bucky not with you?" Natasha asked, as she came up and hugged the Captain.

"Hi Nat. No, I left him arguing with Sam. They both seemed to be having too much fun for me to drag Buck away." Steve chuckled. Natasha trying not to laugh herself as Steve said every word with his eyes firmly fixed on the agent by her side.

"Oh, of course. Steve, I'd like you to meet agent (Y/f/n) (Y/l/n). She will be joining you and Bucky on the mission. You need someone to play your wife, and (Y/n) is perfect for the role." Natasha announced, as she pushed the hesitant looking agent forward.

Steve knew that to go undercover on this particular mission, that it was to do with an arms dealer that was supplying advanced weaponry to Hydra, and that the dealers wife went with him everywhere he went. But he had expected that Natasha would take the role of the wife, not the exquisite woman that now stood before him.

"Captain Rogers. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I look forward to working with both you and Sargent Barnes." (Y/n) said, as she stepped forward, holding out her hand for Steve to take.

"I er..........its..........I......" Steve stammered out, as he took (Y/n)'s hand, and looked deep into her dark eyes. Her breathtaking orbs seeming to sparkle like precious jewels.

"What the big guy means, (Y/n), is, it's a pleasure to meet you too agent (Y/l/n). I look forward to working with you also." Clint chimed in, as he placed his hand on Steve's shoulder. The archers comment bringing Steve back to his senses.

"Yes. Er.........it's a pleasure to meet you." Steve finally managed to say, as he shook (Y/n)'s hand.

"Why don't we go and discuss the mission." Natasha said, as she prised (Y/n)'s hand from Steve's. The two female agents making their way down the hall.

"Boy Steve. I don't think that I have ever seen you lost for words before. Maybe I should tell Stark." Clint sniggered, slapping Steve on the back as he pushed him after the two women.

                                                           >>-------------------------------<<

"Do you think that this is a good idea, Natasha? I don't know if I am the best one for this mission." (Y/n) said quietly as they made their way to the conference room.

"(Y/n) I know you were hurt in the past, but you can't think that ever man out there is going to hurt you. You made one mistake. You loved someone that turned out to be a bad guy, but not all guys are the same. And Steve is one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. And its only a mission. Its not like its for real. And maybe being around Steve and Buck will help you. They have old fashioned manners. They treat a lady like a lady. And they will both make sure that nothing happens to you. All you have to do is give this a chance." Natasha reassured, as she opened the door to the room. (Y/n) taking a seat and watching as Clint and the Captain followed behind them.

"Ok." Natasha began, as the lights dimmed and the table in front of them lit up with pictures and text of information.

"Alexander and Katherine Sullivan; he's a big arms supplier with connections throughout Europe and North America, that has been dealing in advanced weaponry with Hydra for some time. Katherine is an art expert that used to work for Sotheby's auction house in London. The two have been wed for a little over a year, and Alexander dotes on his new bride. The real Alex and Katherine spent most of their time on their own island. Rarely seen in public, which works in our favour. S.H.I.E.L.D currently have them in custody, but we need you and (Y/n) to play them so that we can get to the one that we really want, a man by the name of Wolfgang König, otherwise known as the Wolf King. You two are perfect for the married couple, and Bucky will play your personal assistant, Donovan Grace." Natasha continued, as she, (Y/n), Steve, and Clint looked at all the information before them.

"König, is holding a little get together for all his major suppliers, and we need Alex and Katherine to be there so that we can take this operation down from the inside. He's holding the meeting in a château in the north of France. And you three have your invitations. We need you to get all the information you can about the wolf, his connection to Hydra, his other suppliers and contacts. And anything else that will help us stop the supply of weapons. The three of you will be leaving in two days' time. Stark has supplied you with one of his private jets, and we will make sure that you have everything you need to ensure that you appear as you should. I will supply you each with a file on your characters so that you know what König will be expecting. So, there you have it. Any questions?" Natasha enquired, the lights going up. Those present shaking their heads.

"Good. Then let's do this. And I think that we should drag Bucky away from Sam and introduce him to (Y/n) too." Natasha finished. The widow smiling over at Clint. Both of them hoping that their little plan would work.