Not another Hobgoblin! - Part 1 - Leonard 'Bones' McCoy x Reader

Unknown to most, (Y/n) was Commander Spock's younger sister. She had been sent away from Vulcan when she was a child, when it became obvious that she had more human traits than Vulcan. She was taken in by Star Fleet on Earth and used your mother's maiden name of Grayson, separating herself from the father she hated so much, due to what she saw as her abandonment by an unemotional, uncaring creature. Outwardly you most certainly looked like a Vulcan, other than her skin which was much pinker and warmer looking than other Vulcans. (Y/n) could be cool, emotionless, obeying the rules to the letter on one hand, and then on the other her temper could be violent, constantly trying to control all the emotions that came with her humanity.

She had had a difficult childhood, her Vulcan side had made her a target for some, most of these conflicts ended with her using her fists, much to the shock of everyone. By the time she had graduated Star Fleet as their youngest ever graduate she had built up quite a reputation for herself; her knowledge of human martial arts and fighting techniques was only rivalled by her knowledge of weapons and battle tactics. After a number of years as a chief science officer at Star Fleet Headquarters, the admiralty decided that it was time for (Y/n) take her first mission into space.

Despite her outwardly stoic appearance, (Y/n)'s excitement at the possibilities a new life had to offer gave her butterflies in the stomach; she had been assigned to one of the newest ships in the fleet, the USS Enterprise, and Admiral Pike had told her all about her soon to be captain.

"He's a good kid (Y/n), he's going to be an excellent captain but make sure to watch out for him. He has a terrible reputation with the ladies, and I wouldn't want you to get hurt." The admiral told her, gently touching her face. Christopher Pike had become a father figure to her over the years, having taken her under his wing a long time ago.

"Sir, I believe that I am perfectly capable of handling Captain Kirk. Any advances towards me would be illogical. The Captain has his job and I have mine, I will not let anything ruin this opportunity, especially not some over sexed human male." (Y/n) said, smiling at the admiral slightly as she said the last part, making the admiral let out a deep laugh.

"That's my (Y/n). I am very proud of you; I am sure your family are too." Pike told her, only realising what he had said when her face turned dark.

"Sir, you are my only family, I have no other." Pike looked at her sympathetically.

"I'm very proud that you think of me as family (Y/n). Now I think you should make your final preparations and I will see you at the shuttle bay in the morning."

The next morning, (Y/n) made her way to catch the last shuttle to the Enterprise. For some reason Admiral Pike had wanted her to be one of the last onboard, she didn't know why but she presumed that he had his reasons. Looking around the crowded shuttle bay, she finally saw him.

"Sir, I'm glad you could be here."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world (Y/n). When you get on board you are to report directly to Captain Kirk on the bridge. He already has your orders. You are to work alongside the ships first officer." He informed her, kissing her gently on the cheek.

"Remember that you are a truly gifted officer, and no matter what surprises this mission holds for you I know that you will face them." Pike said, squeezing her hand.

"Thank you, sir, I promise I won't let you down." (Y/n) said, standing back and saluting the Admiral.

"I know you won't, you never could. Now get going." Pike said with a chuckle, as he pushed her towards the shuttle.

(Y/n) looked out of the window; there she was Star Fleets flag ship, the USS Enterprise, her new home. As they finally docked, (Y/n) grabbed her bag and disembark.