Undead Heart - GoT - Part 1 - Tywin Lannister x Reader

This is a request for TrashMonarch, who along with all you others that enjoy my work, and those that send me wonderful messages about what I do, I really appreciate. I'd like to thank you all. You are the ones that push me to keep writing, to keep creating, to keep imagining. And as long as even just one person keeps reading, I will keep writing. 😊

Everyone knew what Tywin Lannister really was. They had all heard the stories. Seen the bodies drained of their blood. Heard the screams from the highest points of the Red Keep in the dead of the night. But what were they to do, what could they say? He was a Lannister, rich and formidable. The true power behind the Iron Throne. So, despite the dark and evil creature that he was, no one would dare say a word against him. For each feared the wrath of the monster that would come in the night.

After the death of Joanna, Tywin had spiralled into a darkness. A darkness that many feared the lion would never recover from. Joanna had been his world, the one woman that he had truly loved, and her death giving birth to his malformed son, had destroyed the otherwise strong man. He had left Casterly Rock, no longer able to deal with his children, or even look at the child that he blamed for his wife's death. Instead, journeying alone to Kings Landing to take his place as the newly appointed Hand of Aerys Targaryen, hoping that the capital would bring with it a new life. Yet the darkness followed him, his broken soul yearning to be with his beloved. But more, more than his desire to be with Joanna, was a desire for revenge and power. A need to punish a world, and gods, that had taken his beautiful wife from him. A need to control.

Tywin had heard rumours of the beautiful undead. People that had walked the world since the first days. People that haunted the night. Immortal beings that drank the blood of the living, and could take the form of animals, of mist, and were able to control the minds of others. He knew of their feared reputation, how just one of these creatures could devastate and entire village overnight. He knew that they could offer him power that no one else could. That nothing else could. He knew that he would have to die, to suffer, but Tywin already believed that he was dead. That he had suffered more than anyone else could. So, to actually die, seemed like a small price to pay for revenge. The undead were an affront to the gods, a curse, a nightmare on the world. And Tywin knew that if he wanted revenge on a world that had taken everything form him, he would have to offer himself to the creatures of the night.

The journey to the beautiful undead's home had been arduous. And most of Tywin's men had fallen by the way, refusing to travel to the caves that many believed were the entrance to the Seven Hells. But Tywin had continued on by himself, determined to possess the power of the undead at all costs. And as he stood in front of the caves entrance, the sight of half gnawed, half skeletonised bodies all around him. The heavy smell of iron from the blood soaked soul, filling his senses, he knew that he had come too far to not go on. Just a few more steps and he would be in their domain. And if all went well, he would soon be one of them.

"What do you wish here, mortal?" A beautiful voice had asked, as Tywin had made his way deeper into the cave. The only light in the ever darkening expanse being the flicker of the candle that he held in his trembling hand. Normally Tywin wasn't scared of anything, but as he raised his flickering torch, his eyes falling on an exquisite pale skin creature that sat almost motionless on a large, ornate chair, even Tywin had begun to think that he had made a mistake.

"My name is Tywin Lannister. I have come to offer myself. I wish to be one of you. To be an undead." Tywin had declared, doing his best to sound like he was not scared of the beautiful being that had slowly made her way towards him.

"I am Keras. The keeper of the gates of the undead. I am intrigued. Why would you offer yourself to us? Why would a mortal wish to be an undead?" Keras enquired, as she had circled him. Her black eyes twinkling in the light of the candle.

"Revenge and power! I wish to be feared, to reap revenge on gods that took everything from me. To destroy those that they favour. To make them suffer." Tywin informed the female that now stood behind him. Her icy fingers ghosting over the skin of his neck.

"Revenge and power. How many times I have heard mortals ask for the very same things." Keras hummed quietly. A shiver descending Tywin's spine as he felt the gate keepers' long teeth graze against his flesh.

"But that revenge and power comes with a price, Tywin Lannister. A price that is too steep for most to pay. You will no longer be able to set foot into the light of day. You will live only in the dark, sustaining yourself on the blood of mortals. A creature that many will want to destroy. To see turned to nothing more than dust. Your soul will no longer be your own. Your heart will no longer beat. Your lungs no longer breath air. You will walk this world as little more than a shell of what you are now. But.........if you give yourself to me, I can promise you that you will be able to do things that you never dreamed possible. To see, and know things, that appear unfeasible to your mortal mind. And I will also promise that you will be the curse on the world, and the gods, that you wish to be. So? Are you willing to pay the price?" Keras asked, as she wrapped her long fingers around Tywin's throat. The lord of Casterly Rock gulping as the beautiful creature pressed her tongue against his skin.

"I will pay any price. I will do and be whatever I must, to get what I want." Tywin replied. Keras chuckling softly into his ear as she slowly wrapped her arm around his waist. Pulling the lord deeper into the dark expanse.

"Then lion. Prepare to die." Keras hissed, as she blew out his candle. Tywin's eyes growing large as he felt the sharp sting of her teeth enter his flesh. And the excruciating pain as his blood left his body, the undead poison replacing the crimson liquid in his veins.

                                                        >>--------------------------------<<

Many had not noticed the change in the lion to begin with. But as the days passed, it had become clear to all that Tywin was not what he had once been. That there was nothing but darkness around the Hand of the king. And now all these long years later, not one person alive did not fear the man that had sold his soul to the beautiful undead. Not one did not fear the man that lurked in the shadows.

The old lion now had what he had desired. Keras had given him what she had promised. He had power; he was stronger than he could ever have dreamed. Feared beyond words. Yet Tywin had become more alone than he ever dreamed possible. He had had to push away all those that cared for him for fear of hurting them. Yet there was one person, that didn't fear him. Did not allow him to push her away. No matter how cruel he was, she would return to him. The only ray of light and hope in his dark world. A woman that had appeared seemingly from nowhere, to make him regret what he had done that day so long ago. A woman that he felt had come to make his undead heart beat again. But Tywin knew that he had to do something. That if she stayed, he would destroy her. And he could not allow that. He could not harm the woman he had come to love more than he thought he could love anyone. He could not harm (Y/n).