M Platoon - Part 3 - Logan x Victor x Reader

"Lieutenant." (Y/n) said, saluting back to the man in front of her.

"It's nice to have a new commanding officer, sir, and one that has such an interesting record." Lieutenant Smith said politely, (Y/n) tyring to stop herself from furrowing her eyebrows in confusion at what the man could mean by an "interesting record", not knowing fully what the General had informed her second in command of.

"This is your quarters, and your office, sir." The Lieutenant said, opening the door to the semi-rigid building behind him, coughing in annoyance as Sanchez rushed past the pair to take (Y/n)'s bag inside.

"The camp commander is anxious to meet you on his return from London, he always likes to meet the new company XOs, until then, if you need anything just let me know, sir." The Lieutenant said, watching as his new Captain look around the office.

"There is something that you can do for me Lieutenant. I want to meet each one of my men individually, I've seen all their files, but I like getting to know men on a one to one basis, it allows them to better understand what to expect from me, and what I expect of them." (Y/n) said, as she turned to look at the tall man behind her.

"Yes of course sir, I'll arrange that for tomorrow, I'm........" Smith began, only to find himself interrupted.

"No, not tomorrow, now. And I think as you are already here, I will begin with you, then Sanchez and the other corporal, followed by the privates, I want to leave the Sargent's until the end." (Y/n) said, as she placed her bag on the desk in front of her.

"But sir, the men aren't ready, and Creed won't like being left until last." Smith tried to explain, as he looked at the superior officer that was now sitting behind the desk and starring at him.

"Firstly Lieutenant, I want the men not to be ready, I want to see what I really have to work with; and secondly, I don't give a fuck about whether Creed won't like it, this is my platoon, not his, and the sooner he learns that the better. Now, take a seat." (Y/n) said, pushing one of the chairs on the opposite side of the desk out with her foot, and pulling his file from her bag.

Tentatively Smith took a seat, watching as the man across from him, flicked slowly through the papers that had his name on them.

"Let's see, Lieutenant Benjamin Smith, youngest son of Senator Edgar Smith; graduated Westpoint three years ago, at the bottom of your class......... What did dear old dad think about that, I know he was a big noise in the last war, he can't have been happy about you not being the best of the best." (Y/n) asked, suddenly looking up from the paperwork, shocking the man in front of her.

"I can't say that he was happy about it, sir; but there again my father doesn't like what I am anyway. He sent me to Westpoint to avoid the uncomfortable comments and conversations about his son being a freak like me." Smith explained, as (Y/n) sat back in her chair.

"So, teleportation?" (Y/n) asked, her tone turning slightly more sympathetic as she watched him fidget in his chair.

"Er......yes sir, that's right." Smith replied, feeling slightly uncomfortable under the gaze of the new officer.

"And you can move anything, and anyone?" (Y/n) enquired, as she closed the file in front of her.

"Yes sir, anything and anyone, but they have to be near me so that I can move them to the other place." Smith explained, tentatively taking a cigarette from the packet that (Y/n) offered.

"Well Lieutenant, I don't give a damn whether you graduated top or bottom of your class, what's important to me is that you prove yourself in the field, and I think with the right help, you can do that. Your powers could prove of great importance to the war effort, and believe me when I say that you are no freak, what you are you should be proud of, you've been given a great gift, now we just have to find a way of properly utilising it." (Y/n) said, as she took a draw on the cigarette that she had placed between her lips, Smith seeming to take a new sense of pride in himself at the support of the man in front of him.