The spirit of the woods - Part 2 - Peter Quill x Reader

I promised Dusk_of_Dawn that I would put up the next part of this imagine. Hope you all enjoy.

"Who.......what......how?" Peter stuttered out in disbelief, as he stared down at the sleeping creature. Groot raising his finger to his mouth and shushing the Terran.

"I am Groot." Groot whispered, as he moved over to the female's side, and brushed some of her long, deep brown hair away from her face. Peter's eyes growing wider as he finally saw the true extent of the exquisite beauty that lay on the floor of the Milano.

"He said that you need to be quiet. That you shouldn't wake her." Rocket told Peter. Turning around to look at the others as the rest of the Guardians crept a little closer.

"I am Groot." Groot continued with smile. As he knelt down next to the slumbering being. A tiny flower growing from his shoulder, before the little colossus flora picked it, and placed it into the female's hair.

"Yeah, pal. I get it. Your right, she's beautiful. But what is she? What do we do with her?" Rocket asked, before anyone else got a chance.

"I am Groot." Groot informed the halfworlder. The little creature cooing softly over his newly sprouted friend.

"What do you mean, we have to wait? Ya been nursing that seed for months, telling us we have to wait. Now we have this, and you say we have to wait longer?" Rocket huffed, pulling at his fur with a frustrated growl.

Ever since Groot had found the seed on Knowhere, Rocket was sure that his little friend was making less sense than he normally did. But given that he was right about the seed growing into a woman. Frustratingly, Rocket knew that he, as well as the rest of the team were going to have to actually do what little Groot said.

"Okay, fine. But If we have to wait, I'm going back to bed." Rocket grumbled as he stormed out of the room. Gamora, and Drax following after him.

"She's happy to be here." Mantis suddenly said, as she knelt with Groot next to the sleeping woman. The empath smiling as turned to look at Peter.

"She can't wait to wake up." She continued, as Peter moved to stand over the three beings that were on the floor.

"Can you wake her up?" Peter asked, knowing that Ego would use Mantis' power to help him sleep. The Terran's eyes focused firmly on the face of the beautiful woman.

"No. I am afraid not. Easing someone's mind to help them sleep is different to making one wake up. And she is not finished growing yet. She will wake when she is fully grown." Mantis began as she got to her feet and looked up at Peter.

"She is a very old soul. Very powerful. She's like Ego. A celestial. A living plant with a humanoid extension of herself. But unlike Ego, she protects. She is the mother of worlds. She has no desire to remake the universe, for she was at its birth. She gave it life." Mantis said quietly, as she watched little Groot climb under the flowery blanket with the female. A small smile coming to his mouth as he closed his eyes and snuggled up to her.

"How do you know all that?" Peter asked, as he finally turned his attention from the slumbering celestial. Now not too sure that he wanted her to wake up. Having to defeat Ego had been hard enough, and he wasn't sure that he wanted to go through all that again.

"Because she told me. I can hear her. She knows who you are Peter. She knows that you are Ego's child. She is looking forward to meeting you. There were never many of her kind to begin with, and now that Ego has gone, there are even less." Mantis explained, as Peter turned back to look at the beautiful creature.

"She isn't.......I mean she isn't angry at us for killing him, is she?" Peter enquired, growing more and more concerned by the second.

"No." Mantis chuckled.

"Ego wanted to use her to help with his Expansion. But she refused. She told him that she would not help or allow him to destroy what she had created. So, to try and prevent him from eradicating all life in the universe, she let herself die. Her lifeforce being held in the seed. She's been waiting a long time to come back, and when she does, she wants to help." Mantis continued. Peter feeling slightly happier that they weren't going to have to face an irate celestial.

"How does she know all this? I mean she's only just grown into this tonight." Peter noted, as he finally crouched down next to her. The Terran smiling as she moved slightly in her rest. A soft contented moan leaving her lips as Groot wriggled in under her arm.

"Groot told her when she was growing. Told her about all of us. About what we do. About you and Ego. About Rocket. About where he found her, and everything. When she wakes up, she will be able to explain everything better." Mantis explained, before quietly making her way to the door, and leaving the dumbstruck Terran with the sleeping celestial and Groot.

"Er.......Hi." Peter began, not knowing whether he sounded completely ridiculous talking to the sleeping female, or not.

"My name's Peter. I.........I'm gonna stay here and watch over you. If that's ok." Peter continued quietly, as he rested back in the chair just behind him. His eyes still firmly fixed on the celestial.

He wanted to wait until she woke. He wanted to stay with her until she opened her eyes. He wanted to be the first thing that she lay eyes on she was fully grown. He didn't care how long it took, he would stay awake and with her until she was ready to return. But as he sat there, he didn't notice the soft scent that slowly filled the air, the aroma lulling the Terran into a heavy slumber.

                                                           >>------------------------------<<

The sound of female laughter filled the room. Peters eyes flying open as the beautifully melodious sound kissed his ears. The Terran's breath hitching in his throat as he looked at the scene before him. There on the floor sat the celestial, chuckling gleefully as Groot danced around. The little colossus flora seeming even happier than he normally did. Peter couldn't help but stare. The celestial was more beautiful awake than asleep. He wanted to say a thousand things. To ask a thousand things. But as the exquisite creature finally turned her attention from Groot to him, Peter found that not a single word would leave his lips.

"Hello. You must be Peter. It is a pleasure to meet you." The celestial announced as she slowly and gracefully rose to her feet. Her naked form making Peter gulp, as she held out her hand for him to take. Peter taking it and quickly getting to his feet as she moved even closer.

"My name is (Y/n)." (Y/n) told Peter with a small smile, as he looked at her in disbelief.