The Night Queen - GoT - Dream Team x Reader

"Have you completely lost your mind?" Both Jorah and Beric called out in unison, as Jon set out his latest idea; everyone knew what was to come, and Jon was doing all he could to assemble the best army possible, and even though his latest plan was one of the strangest he had had, if he could get this woman on his side he was sure that the pendulum would swing in their favour.

"I have not lost my mind at all, who better to fight an army of the dead than an army of the dead?" Jon asked, looking up from the campaign table in front of him to the assembled men that couldn't believe his suggestion.

"Ya want us ta go ta the land of the Night Queen, and try and talk another powerful necromancer into helpin us defeat the Night King and his Walkers? What do ya think she's gonna want in return, I can't imagine that she will join us outta the goodness of er heart; tha woman's a witch and summons the spirits of warriors from the grave to serve unda er, she's as bad as the Night King himself." Sandor growled, not liking the idea of calling on the ancient, cursed being to aid them.

"What other choice do we have, we need every sword we can get. I am riding out to find the Night Queen in the morning, and I will go by myself if I have to, and I will happily pay any price she asks." Jon told the other men, leaving the room to contemplate what he would be facing.

"Well, we can't let him go on his own." Beric said, sitting down in his chair and looking up at the other men.

"Looks like we are making a trip to meet the Night Queen." Jorah agreed, his eyes falling on an unhappy looking Sandor.

"Fine, but if she kills us all, don't say I didn't warn ya." Sandor said gruffly, ignoring the smirking Tormund, as he too left the room.

"Do you think that Sandor is right?" Gendry asked, as he looked at the group of seasoned warriors that were left in the room.

"From the stories I have heard, the Night Queen is no fool; she is as old as time itself, the first woman to exist, the first to be corrupted by the Lord of the Seven Hells. She was offered immortality and power beyond her wildest dreams if she would give him her soul and worship him, a sacrifice that she gladly made; the old tales say that her army is made up of the spirits of only the finest and bravest warriors to ever die in battle, she raises them from their graves, offering them continued life for the price of serving under her command, an offer that it is said that most take. I don't know if Jon's idea is the right one, but if he can persuade her, then we may actually win this war." Jorah told Gendry, the younger man, like Sandor, not particularly liking the idea of going after a woman that could be more powerful than the Night King himself.

>>-------------------------------<<

The kingdom of the Night Queen had been several days arduous ride through some of the most dangerous terrain any of the hardened warriors had ever seen; the immense, almost impenetrable forests that surrounded the necromancers empire offering its own brand of hellish creatures, which the men had had to fight; but whatever they had been though was nothing to what they saw when they came to the great wall that surrounded the seat of the dark sovereign.

Instead of stones or a huge wooden fortification, the barricade was made up of the rotting, stinking bodies of the dead. As Jon and the rest of the men got closer, they could see the horrifyingly distorted faces of men they had fought with and against.

"Who are they?" Gendry asked, as they drew their horses to a halt before a huge Bronze gate that reached up into the heavy clouds that seemed to hang like a thick blanket over the entire kingdom.

"There tha bodies of tha men that refused ta serve tha Night Queen, it's an extra indignity she piles on anyone that dares refuse er offer." Sandor said, as he looked in disgust at the putrefying and decaying corpses, some of them so old that little of them was left but their desiccated crumbling bones.

Jon dismounted his horse and taking the ring of the of the large skull like doorknocker in his hand, he hammered on the immense ingress as hard as he could. As they waited for the door to be opened, Jon and the other had expected some half living creature to be the one to escort them inside the enclosure, but instead the spirits of men began to appear from everywhere, shifting like mist through the bodies of the dead wall, each and every one, armed and ready for war.

"What do ya want ere." The spirit of a huge man asked, as he came to stand before Jon.

"We have come to beseech the Night Queen for her help, it is a matter of the utmost importance." Jon said, looking around the spirits as they all began to laugh.

"What makes ya think that the Queen would want ta listen ta anything you had ta say, little man?" The big man asked, spinning his double headed axe in his hands.

"Because we can give you a war, isn't that what you all came back for?" Jon asked, watching the spirits of the warriors as they looked at one another.

"Push on tha gates and they will open." The spirit said, as he and the others faded into nothingness.

"How are they supposed to fight if they are nothing but mist?" Gendry asked, as he and the others dismounted their horses and followed Jon into the vast keep.

"The power of the Night Queen, through her they will become as real as you or I, that is their secret; one moment they can be just like air, the next they can be sticking a sword in your back as they move on to their next victim." Beric told the anxious looking younger man, as they made their way up a long flight of steps that wound their way up a monolithic stone pillar, at the top of which sat the home of the Queen.

As the men piled into a vast throne room, there eyes fell on the woman that sat on the throne, the spirit of the huge man speaking softly to her. To say that the Queen was not what they had expected would be an understatement; they, to a man, had believed that the Queen would be a creature of pure ice and cold like the Night King, instead there sat a woman of immense beauty and grace, the furthest thing possible from the hideous witch that they believed they would find.

"Brorras here tells me that you offer me a war, tell me mortals, what possible fight could you have that would need the Night Queen and her men?" The Queen said softly, her voice caressing the assembled men's senses like a lover's gentle touch.

"We offer you a war to end all wars, my lady; a war that if not won could mean the end of all that live." Jon told the Queen, as she rose from her throne and made her way over to him and the others, her pure black eyes looking each of them up and down as she seemed to glide gracefully between them.

"And who would be our opponent?" The necromancer asked, smiling at Tormund who had somehow summoned the courage to wink at the immortal being.

"The Night King, and his White Walkers." Jon announced, the Queen suddenly turning to look at Jon, her temperament suddenly changing.

"The Night King? So, he has finally shown his ugly face has he? A coward that has hidden for millennia in the Lands of Always Winter, where he could fade into obscurity; an emotionless murderer who fears the Three-Eyed Ravens." The Queen hissed, taking a seat back on her throne, and looking down at Jon.

"My men and I will fight by your side as long as you meet one condition." The Queen told Jon, the others looking at one another suspiciously, all waiting for the worst.

"I want the Night King, you may think that he and I are the same, that we are both creature of the dark; but there is one distinct difference, I do not take life, I merely give the dead another chance to live, and despite the appearance of my wall, I can be a reasonable woman. So, do we have a deal?" She asked, Jon smiling slightly as he realised that he may have found the weapon that they needed.

"Consider him yours, my lady." Jon told her, as he and the others bowed respectfully.

"Then consider me, yours." The Queen said, a subtle yet eerie smile forming on her lips.

Jon had no idea how the woman before him could kill the Night King, but all he knew was that now, the living had a chance.