Once upon a time in the West - GoT - Part 1

So, I'm trying something a bit different again here, and putting Kings Landing and its characters into the Wild West. I've always had an interest in that period in American history and thought the characters would fit in quite nicely in their own version of one of those infamous western towns. 😄 I hope you enjoy.

Sheriff Jaime Lannister sat outside his office, watching as the town's folk went about their day in the ever expanding Kings Landing. Like many places in the west, the wannabe city didn't have to best of reputations, rivalling Tombstone and Deadwood in the number of gun battles and murders there had been when it had first sprung up; but slowly Kings Landing was becoming a slightly more law abiding town, and apart from drunken miners, arguing gamblers, and the occasional outlaw that made their way through town; Jaime and his deputies had managed to make Kings Landing a place that families could be happy to raise their children, much to the delight of his father, Judge Tywin Lannister, and the town's mayor, Robert Baratheon.

The Baratheon's and Lannister's were both well to do families from old money, that had made the long journey west to create what was growing up in the east of the country, hoping to build a great city like New York, and now that the local cemetery was not receiving new inhabitants every day, Robert was pushing to make his town one of the first great cities in the west; but despite the seeming calm of the town, there were always people from the outside that neither Jaime, his father, nor the mayor could influence and that was where (Y/n) came in.

(Y/n) had grown up in Kings Landing, her father had been the sheriff when the town had first sprung up, the man making quite a name for himself as someone that didn't take any shit, and was not averse to shooting first and asking questions later. (Y/n) had been brought up without a mother, and as her father didn't know much about raising children, especially daughters, he raised her in the only way he knew, and she had learnt everything a boy would be expected to learn, becoming a crack shot, an expert tracker and horsewoman from a very early age.

When her father had been killed, (Y/n) had taken it upon herself to track down his killer, eventually bringing the man in to watch him be tried and hanged by Judge Lannister; but despite Mayor Baratheon offering her the position of sheriff, she had instead decided to become a bounty hunter, dedicating herself to finding other men that had killed the innocent and good people of the west who were simply trying to make a new and better life for themselves.

Over the years, (Y/n), just like her father, had made quite a name for herself, bringing in some of the worst of the worst, and that was one of the reasons that Jaime was now waiting outside his office for (Y/n) to make an appearance.

(Y/n) had always been hard to find, spending most of time in the vast expanses of the plains hunting down her quarry, only appearing in a town when she had her man and wanted her bounty; but with the new problems that had found their way back to Kings Landing, Judge Tywin had told his son to send out riders to find the elusive bounty hunter, the bounty hunter that the local Cherokee tribe called , or White Owl, believing that the woman could hunt her prey even in the dark.

To Jaime's utter amazement, one of his men seemed to have quickly found her, returning to Kings Landing to inform the sheriff that (Y/n) was already on her way, and would be back in the town in a matter of days; so now Jaime, along with others waited with anticipation for their old friend to return.

A sudden scurry of activity alerted Jaime to a disturbance further down the long main street that lead to the main part of town; straining his eyes he could just make out two figures on horseback riding slowly into the township, the pair of riders ignoring the people that were calling out to one of them as they passed.

Getting up from his chair, Jaime smiled to himself, there were only two people that could cause such a ruckus, and that was (Y/n) and her partner, a young Cherokee warrior by the name of Waya, and given the townsfolks dislike for the local tribes, Jaime could only presume that it was the presence of the Indian that was causing all the raised voices.