The announcement - Part 4 - Tony Stark x Reader

(Y/n) landed on the balcony of Tony's room. She hadn't meant to make her way back to the compound. She had only meant to get out of the suburbs. But the elements that she controlled, seemed to have conspired against her. A great column air, sending her to the last place that she should be. But secretly there was part of her that wanted to see whether what Bruce had told her was true. That Tony really was a changed man. That he was no longer drinking or bringing women back to the compound.

She had looked through the windows of the labs first, noting a very sleepy looking Bruce all by himself. The sight of the doctor gladdening her heart after not seeing him or the others in so long. Finding herself wishing that things could have worked out differently so that she could have stayed with the people she loved as the only family she had known.

Now at Tony's window, she was surprised to see it dark. (Y/n) hoping that that meant that the billionaire had finally realised that sleep was actually a good thing.

"I miss you. Despite everything that you did. I still miss you." (Y/n) said quietly, as she placed her hand on the cold panes of glass. Hoping that the sleeping billionaire could somehow sense that she was there. Would somehow know that it didn't matter what had transpired between them. She would always care.

With a heavy sigh, (Y/n) turned. She knew that she hadn't been gone long, but Scott would still be wondering where she was. And she didn't like the idea of him knowing that she had been at the compound. In a way it felt like a betrayal, and that was the last thing that she ever wanted to do to the man that had been there when she needed someone the most.

Suddenly, the lights in the room went on. The unexpected brightness making (Y/n) squint painfully as her eyes tried to adjust. Quickly she moved into the shadows. Blinking rapidly as she tried to adapt her vision so that she could catch a quick glimpse of the billionaire.

"Oh Tony. Its so beautiful." A female voice exclaimed. (Y/n) jolting as if hit by a bolt of lightning at the sound of the feminine tone.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." Tony replied absentmindedly, as he walked to the bar, leant over the top, and grabbed a bottle of bourbon and a glass. Filling his tumbler up to the brim. No longer caring whether the young woman stayed or left.

He knew in his heart that the near accident had been caused by the elemental being close. He had seen firsthand the chaos that (Y/n) could create with just a small movement of her hand. He had felt the earth tremor under the most delicate touch of her foot. Seen the fire filled whirlwinds and crashing waves of water that she used to take out those that stood against her and the rest of the team. He had stood in the eye of a storm watching in amazement as she had bent nature to her will. Thor's thunder and lightning cracking and flashing around them. (Y/n) was beyond anything that even he could comprehend. She was as passionate as fire. As unpredictable as the sea. As whimsical as the wind, and as deep and bountiful as the earth. And it wasn't until he lost her, that Tony had truly come to appreciate everything she was, and everything that she had done.

"Don't I get one?" The woman asked as she came up behind Tony. Draping her arms over his shoulders and taking the glass from his hands. Tony rolling his eyes as he reached over an grabbed another glass. Neither he nor the female knowing that a trembling (Y/n) was watching what was transpiring, from the darkness.

(Y/n) knew that she had no right to feel angry. No right to expect Tony not to be with another woman. She was with Scott after all. They were together. They slept in the same bed. Made love under the crisp white sheets. So why the anger was growing inside her. Why it was spreading like wildfire through every last one of her nerves, she did not know. But the more she watched, the worst it got. Yet she could not look away.

"Soooooooo. Are we here to just carrying on drinking, or are you going to show a girl a good time? Mister Iron Man." The woman cooed, as her hands began to wander Tony's body. Her lips kissing the skin of his neck.

Part of Tony wanted to push the slurring woman away. Part of him wanted to run back to the car, and head out into the night, so that he could search for the elemental. Part of him wanted to go to Steve's or Bucky's rooms, and beg them one more time to tell him where (Y/n) was hiding. But Bruce had told him that she was happy. That she was with someone that cared for her. And that he should let her go. So why shouldn't he go back to his old ways? Why shouldn't he find someone? Why shouldn't he have some fun?

"Oh, sweetheart. I am going to show you the time of your life." Tony replied, as he leant down and kissed the woman. His fingers entangling themselves in her long hair.

Without warning, the pair found themselves thrown violently across the floor. Their bodies covered in tiny shards of glass from the window that just seemed to explode and vaporise. Tony fighting against the maelstrom that blew through his rooms. The gusts of air tossing furniture around as if it were nothing more than matchwood.

With all his might, Tony struggled back to the bar. Ready to place his finger on the button so that his suit would surround him. But as he did, the stopped. His eyes growing wide as he saw the irate looking elemental float down in front of him. The long strands of her hair surrounding her head like some great halo.

"(Y/N)?!" Tony called out, as he felt the ground beneath him begin to shake. His voice barely audible over the cacophony of rushing air that surrounded the pair.

"Bruce told me that you had changed. That you weren't drinking. Weren't womanising. That I could come home and be with my family. That maybe there was some hope that you and I could still be close. But as always with you, the line between what is fact and what is fiction, is blurred beyond recognition. And once again you had managed to make poor Bruce believe your lies. Up until this moment, part of me held out hope that you could finally love me. That I would have what I had longed for since the moment I laid eyes on you. But now I see that there is no hope. That you will never change. And that I was a blind fool. I hope that you will be very happy your women and your wine. And that your life will be as empty and meaningless as you heart is." (Y/n) growled, as she suddenly rose into the air. A slipstream of wind pulling her back through the shattered window, and out into the night. Tony rushing forward and shouting (Y/n)'s name, as he saw nothing but the trees in the compound bend and break as the force of nature left his life for good.

"What the hell is going on?" Steve asked in disbelief, as he and the others broke down the door, and came face to face with the utter carnage that had once been Tony's rooms. The billionaire completely ignoring the super soldier, and his weeping date, as he slumped to the floor and dropped his head into his hands. His own tears running down his cheeks as he contemplated never seeing the woman that he truly loved, again.