She's gone - X-Men - Part 3 - Young Charles x Young Erik x Reader

"Miss." A soft voice said. (Y/n)'s eyes flying open as she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"This is the last stop. I'm afraid that you'll have to get off." The driver informed her. (Y/n) yawning and stretching as she looked out onto the small town.

(Y/n) didn't know that she could sleep so deeply. She hadn't heard a single thing since she had closed her eyes. But given the fact that she hadn't slept properly since Charles' accident. Given all the emotions that she had had bottled up inside her. Emotions that had finally been released as she sat in the rain and cried like she had never done before. She wasn't really surprised that her body had completely given in to its need to rest.

"Where....... where am I?" (Y/n) asked as she looked up at the driver. The elderly man smiling and offering her his hand as he helped her from the seat.

"You're in Huntersville, miss. Population one thousand souls. It ain't much, but they're good honest people round here. And there are worst places ta rest if someone needs ta get away from the world." The driver informed (Y/n) as he helped her down from the bus. (Y/n) having a feeling that this wasn't the first time that he had seen a young woman running away.

"Huntersville. Hmmmmm. Sounds good to me." (Y/n) replied with a smile, as the elderly man handed her, her old rucksack.

"I think you'll like it just fine, miss. There's a hotel down the main street. Ya can't miss it. If ya hungry, there's a diner just across the way. Nancy and Hank run it, and they are the nicest people ya could hope to meet. If ya find it's not the place for you, there will be another two buses in a week. One that can take you further, and one that can take ya home. Whatever ya decide. I wish ya all the best, miss." The driver said, shaking (Y/n)'s hand.

"Thank you. I appreciate it. And it's (Y/n)." (Y/n) replied, as she turned her attention to the town.

"Well, (Y/n). It's nice to meet you. I'm Frank. Now, take care." The old man replied, before returning to the bus and slowly pulling it away. Leaving (Y/n) on her own.

"So, are we going to do this or not?" (Y/n) asked, as she looked down at her legs. The two limbs not seeming to want to move.

It had been sometime since she had been out on her own. Sometime since she hadn't had the support of Raven, or one of the others. Sometime since she hadn't had Charles or Erik by her side. Sometime since she hadn't had other mutants around her. (Y/n) knew of people's opinions of her kind. Knew how many people hated and despised those that were different. But unlike others, (Y/n) was able to hide what she was. Able to disappear. And that's just what she had to do.

"Come on. It won't be that bad. Frank said that they are good people. That if we don't like it, we can leave in a week. But we won't know unless we move from this spot." (Y/n) reasoned, her legs finally moving as she made her way down the main road.

                                                             >>----------------------------<<

Charles looked down into his empty glass. He couldn't remember how many he'd had to drink. In fact, since the accident, he couldn't remember a lot about anything but making sure that his glass was filled. In his more lucid moments, he knew that he shouldn't be like this. That he shouldn't be trying to bury all his pain in the bottom of a bottle. But learning to deal with his new disability was harder than he had imagined. And he had become someone that he no longer recognised or liked.

He knew that he was drowning in self-pity. He knew that he had let himself go. That he was pushing everyone away, especially (Y/n). But he had tried to convince himself that he was doing it for her own good. That she deserved someone that could look after her, someone that could protect her. Not a man that was a shadow of his former self. Not a man that was unable to give her the love she truly deserved.