A Chance Meeting - Part 2 - Moriarty x Reader

I know James is a little OOC, but I just wanted to show a possible nicer side to his character in this second part of the imagine. I always seem to have a soft spot for the bad guys and like to think that even in the darkest hearts, there is still enough power in love to make them something better than what they have become, a silly idea, but one I believe in. I hope you still enjoy, and I will be finishing it off in a third part.

"Mrs Hudson." (Y/n) yelled out as she rushed back into Baker Street, running into the shocked older woman's arms.

"What is it dear, is everything alright, are you hurt?" The concerned Mrs Hudson asked, confused by (Y/n) huge smile.

"Oh, Mrs Hudson, I don't think I've ever been better." (Y/n) said with a happy sigh as the old lady finally gave her a knowing look.

"What's his name?" Mrs Hudson chuckled, as she sat (Y/n) down and handed her a cup of tea.

"His name is Jim, and I met him at the museum; you should see him, Mrs Hudson, he's so handsome, he has black hair and deep dark eyes, and the cutest mischievous smile you could ever wish to see." (Y/n) explained, as she bounced up and down excitedly on the sofa.

"He took me for coffee, and we've done nothing but talk; it was like we had known one another for years, like he knew me." (Y/n) cooed happily, her facing turning to a scowl when she heard her brothers coming down the stairs.

"Please don't tell Sherlock of Mycroft about this, they will never let me see him again, especially not at the moment; either that or Mycroft will have him followed, and Sherlock will do that terrible thing he does by deducing Jim's deepest darkest secrets, that, and I already promised Jim that I would see him again on Friday." (Y/n) pleaded, gripping tightly onto the older ladies' hands.

Mrs. Hudson looked at the youngest Holmes, she hadn't seen (Y/n) this happy since she had been there, and who was she to deny her a chance at love.

"Of course my dear, my lips are sealed." Mrs Hudson's said, giving (Y/n) a wink as Sherlock closely followed by Mycroft, seemed to burst into Mrs Hudson's rooms.

"Where have you been?" Sherlock asked angrily, as he and the more stoic Mycroft came to stand in front of (Y/n).

"You know exactly where I have been, or does that supposed enormous brain of yours not take in such simple information? I was at the British Museum, then I went for coffee, and now I am here." (Y/n) almost growled, as she looked up at Sherlock, crossing her arms defiantly.

"I think what Sherlock means, (Y/n), is that we were worried about you, and wished that you had at least could have sent one of us a message to let us know that you were well." A calmer Mycroft said, himself secretly relieved that (Y/n) was back at Baker Street safely.

"I didn't send you a message because I wanted to be alone, and I am sure that if you were all that concerned, Mycroft, then you would have been able to locate me. As much as I love the pair of you, I don't think I can take being locked up like a prisoner any longer, it feels like I'm the one that's done something wrong, that I'm being punished, and I hate it. The letters have stopped, and I think its about time that I moved out, maybe I'll try and find somewhere near here, but I want my life back." (Y/n) said, as she got up and kissed both men on the cheek.

"I know you want the best for me, I know you want to protect me, but I can't live in a bubble for the rest of my life; I'm sure that this man, whoever he is, has got bored, and I am sure that Sherlock would like to have his flat back to himself, so from tomorrow, I will be looking for somewhere to move into, I won't go back to the country so at least I will be near you both, but I can't do this anymore." (Y/n) told her brothers, as the softer side of Mycroft emerged, and he took her into his arms.