The Ultimate Chess Piece - GoT - Varys x Petyr x Reader

This is a request for Asher-Crimson-Viper. Hopefully its ok 😉 Enjoy

Warning: Incest

For Varys and Littlefinger, the manoeuvrings of the great and noble families of Westeros were like their own personal game of chess. Even though the great and good thought that they were in control of their world, the real puppet masters were the Master of Whispers, and the Master of Coin.

Each man played the game from the shadows, constantly trying to outmanoeuvre the other, placing their pieces strategically in an attempt to bring down their rival.

The two men had very different reasons for playing the game; Littlefinger played the dark side of the board, playing for personal gain, upward mobility was all that mattered, upward mobility at any price through the rejection of all religious and moral principles. Petyr would use anyone and anything to gain position and wealth.

Varys on the other hand never sought power or position for himself, and unlike Littlefinger, he desired the strengthening of social institutions, not their slow destruction. To many, he would be seen as the light side of the game, a more altruistic being; but that said, he was just as determined to bring down his opponent as Petyr was.

To Varys annoyance, Petyr seemed to have been getting the upper hand in their little game recently, and he had been looking for any way possible to regain the advantage over the despicable Baelish.

He had done all he could to find the ultimate weapon against Petyr, the ultimate chess piece that could, if not bring his rival down, could at least distract him.

No matter what he did, Varys seemed to draw a blank; but that was until he received word from the place where Petyr was born. Most believed that Petyr was the only Baelish; but from the information that Varys received, there was in fact another, a younger sister who had remained in the peninsula, the one and only link that Petyr had to his homeland. But it wasn't just the knowledge that Petyr had a sister that made the usually quiet man smile, it was the knowledge of what the two siblings had been to one another.

Their parents had passed away when they were young, leaving the two fledgling mockingbirds alone with only one another for comfort, and that was what Petyr had appeared to have found, not only in his sister's arms, but also in her bed.

According to Varys information, rumours about the relationship between the two Baelish had been around for a very long time in the Fingers, but no one had ever dared question or condemn the two. Varys had found out that, unlike her Machiavellian brother, his sister (Y/n), was a good and kind woman, who would always do her best to help the people of her homeland; from what the Master of Whispers could garner, (Y/n) Baelish was as dangerously intelligent as her older sibling, but unlike Petyr, she had no desire for power or wealth, preferring what sounded like a simple life.

The two siblings seemed to have only parted ways once Petyr had become obsessed with Catelyn Tully; but from correspondence that Varys' spies had been able to intercept, it was obvious that Petyr still cared a great deal for his sister, ensuring that she was well taken care of, and even though the correspondence seemed to be one sided, Petyr appeared to write frequently, showing a rare softness to his usual cruel character.

Varys decided that it was about time that this ultimate chess piece should be brought into play, and he had sent word inviting Lady Baelish to the capital, ensuring that the woman's appearance should coincide with a celebration which the King had ordered, and much to Varys joy, the younger Baelish had accepted, and now he stood in the courtyard waiting for her to arrive.

Varys was shocked to see a younger woman, clothed in a simple peasant's dress, accompanied by only two armed men arrive without fanfare or ceremony; Varys was also shocked by her appearance. The woman was quiet a rare beauty, a beauty that even Varys found himself appreciating, she did not need the trappings of wealth, no expensive gown or sparkling jewellery to accentuate her natural glow, there just seemed something about the dark haired woman that was almost perfect.