Innocent bystander - Part 2 - Avengers x Reader

"How did you do that, my lady?" Thor asked quietly, not wanting to further distress the obviously already highly confused woman.

"I-I-I didn't do it. Honestly. It, it just........it just came to me." (Y/n) stuttered out, as she hesitantly pushed the mighty hammer back towards its rightful owner. Thor and the others continuing to stare.

"(Y/n). How are you with a bow and arrows." Bruce suddenly asked. The team as well as (Y/n) turning to look at the doctor. All wondering where this line of questioning was headed.

"I.......well, I had plastic one when I was a kid. You know the type with suction cups on the end of the arrows. I couldn't shoot it for shit though. Why?" (Y/n) enquired, watching as Bruce began to push through the various screens that detailed (Y/n)'s ever changing situation.

"Let's just call it a hunch. Director Fury. May I request that I be allowed to take (Y/n) down to the training area. I will also require Clint's assistance." Bruce said. A small smile pulling at his lips as Fury reluctantly nodded.

                                                            >>------------------------------<<

The team waited outside, as (Y/n) dressed. Not one of them was sure that letting someone with unknown powers wander around S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters unhindered, was a good idea. But Bruce had tried to assure them that if his theory was correct, then he might possibly know what Loki had planned for them.

"What do you have in mind, Bruce? And why do you need Clint?" Natasha asked, as she and the others looked at the softly smiling doctor.

"You'll see. If this works, then I think I will be able to explain what the Chitauri hit (Y/n) with, and what Loki is up to." Bruce explained. The team turning as the door behind them opened to reveal (Y/n) and a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. (Y/n)'s hands and ankles secured by heavy chains and cuffs.

"I think that you will find that it is better to release her." Bruce said, as he looked over to Fury.

"If I'm right, you don't think you'll want to get her mad." Bruce continued. Fury hesitantly indicating for the agent to release the woman from her bondage.

                                                                  >>-------------------------------<<

The team watched on as Bruce and (Y/n) made their way into the training area. Targets were already set out for Clint to train, and the archer was as confused as the others as to what was about to happen.

"Clint. Could I borrow one of your bows and some arrows. please?" Bruce asked, as Clint reached over and grabbed one of his many practice bows. Handing it to Bruce, before the doctor turned his attention to (Y/n).

"So, you've never fired a bow before?" Bruce asked (Y/n) again, ensuring that everyone could hear, and was taking full notice.

"Er....... no. Like I said, just a plastic one when I was little." (Y/n) reiterated, feeling slightly silly that she was going to fail so abysmally in front of so many people.

"Good. Now, do you see those three targets?" Bruce continued, as he pointed to three targets right down the far end of the room. (Y/n) nodding as she looked between the markers and the doctor.

"Well, I want you to take this bow, these three arrows, and shot them into those targets, all at the same time." Bruce explained, as (Y/n) stared at him in disbelief.

"Bruce. I know you have a theory, but like I said, I don't know how." (Y/n) began, as she looked at the archer that was eyeing her suspiciously.

"(Y/n). Please. Just notch the arrows. Aim. Then release. I have a feeling that you will find it easy." Bruce tried to reassure. Taking hold of (Y/n)'s shoulders and turning her so that she was stood facing the targets.