The Aussie - Expendables - The Team x Reader

I've left this open so that there could be a part two if people like, and if you would like the character to end up with one of the boys in a second part, please leave me a quick comment. Hope you like 😃🔪💣

"Are ya sure that she is coming tonight?" Barney asked Tool, as he lit his cigar, and looked down at his watch.

"If (Y/n) says that she is gonna be here, then she's gonna be here." Tool told his friend, not even looking up from the book he was reading.

Barney and the rest of the team were waiting in Tool's tattoo parlour for a woman to arrive; Tool had given Barney (Y/n)'s file a little over a week ago, and he and especially Christmas, couldn't wait to meet the intriguing woman.

(Y/n) had been a member of the elite SASR, the Australian SAS, and Christmas knew how well members of this division were trained; he had explained to the rest of the team that the SASR crossed trained with Delta force, as well as the SAS, and during the Vietnam War they had been dubbed the 'Phantoms of the Jungle' because they were silent, deadly killers, that were consummate behind enemy lines specialists that were used for long range operations, able to last for weeks without being detected. The SASR were in high regard by not only the Americans, but also the British for being some of the best soldiers in the world.

Even though the SASR had accepted women for years, they were still a rare commodity, so to have the opportunity of meeting and possibly recruiting the Aussie, was an interesting prospect.

"Ya know that this team is turning into the United Nations." Barney joked, looking over at Christmas, Gunnar and Galgo.

"Yeah, but we actually get the job done." Gunnar grumbled, taking a drink from his hipflask.

"So, are you gonna tell us anything about her other than what is in her file?" Toll asked, finally looking up from one of his many self help books.

Tool smiled. "(Y/n) is an Australian, what more can I say? She is as easy going as they come, but if you piss her off you better run." Tool chuckled, remembering the last time that someone dare to get on her wrong side.

"Why did the Señorita leave the service?" Galgo asked, as he leaned against the wall, for once being uncharacteristically quiet.

Tool sat up and sighed, taking the toothpick from his mouth, and closing his book.

"About two years ago, (Y/n) was in Iraq with the rest of her sabre squadron, all of them were travelling in a convoy when their truck hit a IED that was on the road, (Y/n) was the only one to survive, but barely. She was hit by a lot of shrapnel and twisted metal from the truck, and she died twice on the operating table; she was in a coma for three months, and when she woke up, she had to learn to walk again because of the severe damage to her left leg. But don't think for one second that she's any less of a soldier, truth be told; she's fitter, stronger, and better than she ever was, she's loyal to a fault, and mateship means a lot to her." Tool told the boys, smiling sadly as he thought about what the woman had been through.

"This girl sounds much better than curly over there, we should keep her and get rid of him." Doc said, chuckling as Christmas glared at him.

Before Christmas could reply with a witty comeback, the boys heard a voice from the front of the parlour.

"Tool, mate, are you here?" The voice called out, Tool smiling as he heard the familiar accent.

"Hi (Y/n), yeah, I'm in the back." Tool chuckled, getting to his feet, and nearly being bowled over as (Y/n) came flying into his arms.

"G'day handsome, how's my favourite man." (Y/n) chuckled, as Tool spun her around.

"Always better for seeing you gorgeous." Tool told her, as he placed her back on the ground and turned her around so that she could see the team.

Tool dropped his book, Gunnar chocked on his latest drink, Galgo nearly fell over, and rest of the team stared wide eyed as the beautiful woman, smiled at them; Tool hadn't told them how beautiful she was, nor had he told them about her long dark hair, or her deep green eyes, nor about her softly sun kissed flesh, but even if he had done, he would not have been able to do her justice.

Tool took her hand and led her over to meet the boys. "(Y/n), I'd like you to meet Barney Ross." Tool said, smiling as the Aussie took Barney's hand.

"So, you're the boss, yeah? Nice to meet you." (Y/n) said, a mischievous glint coming to her eye as she looked at the rest of the boys.

"Geez Tool, you didn't tell me that I would be meeting the newest boy band. This bunch are too pretty, lets just hope that they fight as good as they look." (Y/n) chuckled, as Tool placed his arm around her shoulder.

"God, don't say things like that sweetheart, their heads are big enough as it is." Tool grinned, handing (Y/n) a beer.

"Which one is the pom?" She whispered to Tool, following his finger as he pointed at Christmas.

"SAS, right? It's a pleasure to meet you, I had the privilege of working with some of your guys before, some of the best fellas I have ever been on a battlefield with; hopefully if your boss likes me, I might get to work with you too." (Y/n) said, shaking Christmas' hand.

As Tool introduced her to the rest of the team, Christmas sidled up to Barney's side.

"So, what do ya think?" Christmas asked, as the pair watched the woman laugh at whatever Caesar and Doc were saying.

Barney chewed on his cigar, musing for a moment, just long enough so that Tool could come and stand next to his other side.

"Well?" Tool asked, smiling as (Y/n) blew him a kiss.

"Well........... if she's as good as what it says in her file, then she's a shoe in; but let's see what she can do when she is actually in the field." Barney told the two men, chuckling to himself as she winked at him.

"Good idea Barney." Tool said, slapping him on the back.

"If you think she's beautiful now, wait until you see her with a big gun in her hand." Tool chuckled, leaving Barney's side, and walking over to (Y/n).

"I think that I might just be looking forward to the next mission." Christmas smirked, looking at Barney.

"Me too Christmas, me too." Barney said, as he and Christmas went to join the rest of the team.