Chapter Fourteen

Thank you all so much for over 11k reads! It means the world to me that more people are reading my story because it encourages me to keep writing! Also, all your comments are so hilarious that sometimes I'm crying laughing while reading them because your reactions are so great! Keep voting and commenting as much as you want, it means so much to me! Oh and I'll also give you a hint, there are two lyrics from One Direction songs embedded in this chapter and it's a little more difficult than the last two chapters. I wonder who can find both! Happy reading! <3

---------------------------------

*What happened?* I text Niall.

I wait five minutes for a response.

*I'll tell you later. -N*

*Okay, I'm worried about you. And also I know who you are, so you don't have to sign each text.*

*Haha okay. -N*

I smile at his text, but my mind continues to ponder what could have occurred.

I take the drive to Smith and enter into my department with nervousness that is immediately noticed by my co-workers.

"Emily," Susan, my middle-aged co-worker, begins, "where is Niall? He should have been here by now."

"He had an emergency and couldn't make it so he told me to take over," I say then raise my arms and look at the floor, "but I don't even know what to do."

Susan walks over to me and places her arm around my shoulders.

"We can all do this together," she says and looks at the rest of the team, "right guys!?"

"Yes!" everyone yells in unison.

My anxiety evaporates due to the cooperation and understanding of my marketing team.

Throughout the rest of the day, we collaborate on plans for our next project. We have to market that Smith Medicine is the number one ranked health care company in the Midwest.

We make plans for television commercials, billboards, magazine articles, and other forms of advertisement.

I take the lead on several projects which sky rockets my self-esteem and I feel so much better about myself and what I'm capable of.

At the end of the work day when I am packing my things to leave, I stand in the break room alone and my mind flashes back to Niall's text message. I quickly pull out my phone and see no messages from him, except one from Stephanie. I open the message from her and it reads:

*Picking you up at 9. And dress cute!*

I close my eyes and let out a deep, prolonged sigh and place my hand on my forehead.

"Shit," I whisper to myself.

I completely forgot about the party Stephanie invited me to. I really don't want to go the frat party, but I also don't want to disappoint her since she is the only friend I've made at school, well besides Niall, but I don't really know what we are right now.

I guess it couldn't be that bad if I went with her so I had someone to talk to and not have to go in there alone, but if she left me then I would probably freak out.

I know one thing is for sure; I'm not drinking or having sex with anyone.

By the time I've finished this statement in my thoughts, I realize I am driving down the evening streets of Chicago back to my apartment. The sunset is very bright with the orange sun hovering over the bustling city.

I arrive at my apartment at 8:15. I quickly begin taking a shower until at 8:30 I hear loud banging on my door.

"What the hell?" I whisper to myself as I get out of the shower and slip into my bath robe and head for the door.