Chapter Twenty-Two

These past few days have been very stressful for the fandom, but I feel we are managing well. There aren't any song lyrics in this chapter because I've been avoiding their music. It was hard to write this chapter because I keep thinking about how nothing will be the same anymore with the boys. I'm sorry, but this chapter sucks. Hopefully when my sadness passes, I'll write better chapters. I love you all so much and I'm glad that you didn't leave the fandom. <3

----------------

I lay on my back on the bed. Harry is staring at me from across the room. I remain speechless.

Harry is standing still. His eyes are locked on me. I'm frozen. We are both silent.

Suddenly, a tear runs down Harry's cheek and crashes against the floor.

He runs out of my bedroom and slams the door behind him.

"What the hell?!" I yell, "Where are you going Harry?! Wait!"

I hear a loud crash from my living room. I jump off the bed and rush out of the room to see Harry curled up on my floor in the fetal position weeping loudly.

"What is wrong with you?!" I scream.

He's breathing heavily.

"I...I..." Harry says, "I can't do this anymore..."

I kneel next to him on the floor. I keep my distance because I'm unsure if his emotional state is stable.

"Do what? What are you talking about? Why did you throw me on the bed?"

"I...I need...help..."

"I'm right here, talk to me," I say.

"I can't lose anyone else...especially not Niall..."

"You're not going to lose Niall, I promise. He is going to be okay."

Harry unlocks himself from his fetal position and sits up on the floor and gazes at me.

"Can we go see him?" he says.

"Uh..."

Harry's face morphs into a frown.

"I forgot you don't care about Niall. Never mind, I'll go by myself."

"I stayed at that hospital for hours in the middle of the night; don't tell me I don't care about him."

"So you do care about him?" he smirks.

"I care about his well-being. That's all."

There is a brief moment of silence.

"I'm sorry Emily," he says, "for everything."

I clench my jaw and glare into his eyes with anger.

"Harry I can't deal with you anymore! I thought you were going to rape me!"

"I was just angry. I'm sorry. For everything."

"School starts in a few hours," I say, "I need at least at little sleep before I go! Can I at least get that?!"

He smiles at me.

"Can I sleep in here on the couch for a few hours? And can you drive me to campus when we wake up?"

"My car is still at the hospital. That's why I was on that bus."

"I can call a taxi," he says.

"I can't afford a taxi."

Harry's smile gets even bigger.

"Do you know who I am?!" he boasts, "Do you know who my family is?! You don't have to pay for anything with me Emily!"