Chapter Thirty-Six

One song lyric in this chapter! Please vote and comment! Love you! <3

-------------

The scent of blood is harshly present in this hospital room. The lights are flickering and the room is dimly lit. It is dead silent except for the reoccurring beeping sound coming from the heart monitor.

Beep...beep...beep...

I see Taylor. Her eyes are puffy from crying and she wipes a tear from her cheek with a tissue. She is afraid to look at the bed.

The doctor is standing over the bed with a sad look on his face. He takes a deep breath and stares down at the bed with deep sympathy as if holding back bad news.

Bad news that I'm afraid to hear.

Except, I'm not in the hospital bed.

Niall is.

On his shoulder, a blood covered gauze is thickly wrapped around to cover the bullet wound. His skin is pale at the amount of blood he has lost from his arm. His hair is stained slightly red with blood and his body lays lifeless in the blood-stained hospital bed.

While I stare at his body, I start to cry again as I continue to remember how he sacrificed his life to save mine.

~~~~~~~

*Flashback*

My world turns silent as a gunshot explodes into the room.

I close my eyes and accept what fate has brought me. Death.

But I don't feel any pain.

I slowly open my eyes to see Niall's body curled up on the floor as he wails in pain while holding his shoulder. Taylor is kneeling over him as she desperately dials 911 on her cell phone.

Harry is standing still with the gun in his trembling hands until he drops the gun on the floor setting off the gun again.

The second gunshot luckily shoots into the wall, but Taylor and I scream and jump back in fear of being shot like Niall has been.

Thick red blood is pouring out of Niall's shoulder covering his hands. Taylor runs to the bathroom and brings back towels and a first-aid kit to try and stop the blood.

"Stay with me Niall!" Taylor yells, "An ambulance is on the way!"

I want to say something, but for some reason I can't speak. I can't believe that Niall would jump in front of a bullet for me.

Harry is still standing in the corner with wide eyes looking down at Niall in shock.

"Emily!" Taylor yells at me, "Keep him awake while I tie his arm up! We can't lose him!"

I quickly move my body so that I'm in front of Niall's face. His eyes are slowly opening and closing.

"Niall! Please!" I scream as I grasp Niall's cheeks with my hands only to feel his tears run down the backs of my hands.

"I can't stop the blood!" Taylor cries, "there's so much coming out and nothing is working!"

I continue to hold Niall's face as his eyes slowly start to close.

"Emily..." Niall struggles to speak with barely a whisper, "I...I..."

"Niall!!" I scream.

Suddenly, the door to the room slams open and several paramedics burst into the room as well as several police officers.

The paramedics run to Niall, push me and Taylor aside, and immediately begin to assess his damage.

The police officers quickly run past us and grab Harry to detain him. Harry is silent and doesn't resist the policemen as they pull his hands behind his back and lock his wrists in handcuffs.