Chapter Four

I'm driving home and I cannot stop smiling. I still can't believe this is actually happening. I feel like I am in a fairy tale and he's Prince Charming.

Emily. You are taking this way out of proportion. You are just going to eat hamburgers with your boss.

Yeah, but he's so cute and sweet and it's on a rooftop and-

Emily. Don't get your hopes up or else you will be dissapointed.

I ignore that last thought and continue to smile all the way home. I look at the clock. It's almost four. I have about four hours until he picks me up.

Wait. How does he know where I live?

He'll probably just look at my application.

Or maybe it was just a joke?

Emily stop freaking out he is coming at eight.

"What am I going to wear?"

I quickly take off my heels and run to my closet. My closet is full of clothes but I can't find anything to wear.

I need to look good, but not like I'm trying too hard. I hold a low-cut red dress up to my body in front of my full mirror. Too much cleavage. I don't want him to think I'm a whore. I try on about twenty different dresses until I find the perfect one. It is a sleevless black flowing dress that is lace at the top with the rest of the dress being silk. I have only worn it once out to dinner with my family last year.

I look up at the clock at it reads 5:30.

"Shit!"

I drop the dress on my bed and run into the bathroom and turn the shower on. He's going to be here in two and a half hours and I haven't even showered and my showers usually take 45 minutes to an hour because I have to make sure I am completely clean.

I take a shower and when I finish I look at the clock and it reads 7:15. That was almost a two-hour shower! I have less than 45 minutes to get ready! I grab my dress and slip it on and run into the bathroom to do my hair. I want to straighten my natural curly hair but there is not enough time. I just comb it all to one side so that theend of my hair rests on my right breast.

I put on light blush and some black mascara. I spray just a little perfume, but it makes me cough a lot and I have to walk out of the bathroom.

I go back into my bedroom and sit on my bed and stare out of my window. Will I enjoy the date tonight? Is it even a date? What if he brings friends? I can't socialize with people. He did say that we were going to 'hang out.' Why am I so nervous? He did say that I'm beautiful. He also seemed nervous when trying to talk to me. But why would he-

I hear a quiet knock on the door and my heart stops.

"Just a minute!" I yell then run back into the bathroom. I check my makeup again and run back to my closet to grab a black shawl, a small black clutch, and put on four-inch black pumps. Hopefully there is not much walking tonight.

I walk into the living room of my apartment and slowly open the door.

"For a second, I thought you weren't gonna come out. Haha. This is for you beautiful."

He is holding a bouquet of about a dozen different types of flowers. He hands them to me and I just stare at him. His hair isn't pushed above his head anymore. His hair is flat on his head and pushed to the side. I can't decide which style of hair I like on him more, but he is gorgeous either way. He is wearing a long sleeve white button up shirt that is too tight and it looks like his biceps are about to rip the shirt. He is wearing dark blue slacks that are also tight and he's wearing brown loafers.

"Thank you. You are too sweet." I look at him and smile. I am not going to be shy tonight or else the night will be ruined.

I walk over to the small dinner table and place the beautiful bouquet in the empty vase at the center of the table.

"Those look perfect there." I hear him say behind me and I feel a hand slowly touch my lower back.

I gasp loudly and my eyes grow wide. He quickly removes his hand I turn around and his face is blood red.

"Shit, I'm sorry...I didn't mean to...It's just..."

"No, it's okay."

"Really?"

"Well..."

"Yeah, I know. I was way out of hand. I promise it won't happen again...at least not yet..."

"What?"

"Nothing haha. But we better get going. Our reservations are at 8:30. I do love your place though."

He grabs my hand and leads me out of my apartment. Both of our faces are still red as we walk down to his car.