Chapter Twenty-Five

Twenty-five chapters! This is amazing! I never thought I'd make it this far! It is your support that has kept me writing and I owe you the world for it! <3

--------------------------

"We have to get out of here," Stephanie says, "immediately."

I drag behind as Stephanie pulls me towards the door. I don't know why Stephanie looks so scared. Harry knows that I took his phone. So what? I'll just give it back and everything will be okay.

"Stephanie," I say, "why are you freaking out?"

"I don't know. I just have a bad feeling. What we need to now is turn in Harry's phone to the Lost and Found center and say we found it somewhere."

"But Harry probably already knows. But that's good, right? Because now Niall knows I'm still bitter about the whole thing."

She opens the front door of the Starbucks. People are noticing our distress gaining us many stares.

We exit the building only to find Harry waiting outside the Starbucks glaring at us with his hands in his pockets.

"I thought I'd find you here," Harry grins.

Stephanie is shaking nervously. I've never seen her like this before.

"Harry, it was a joke," Stephanie says, "She didn't mean it, I promise."

"Was that all you did with my phone?" Harry says, "What were you even trying to accomplish?"

"Nothing," Stephanie says and hands Harry his phone, "here's your phone back."

"I trusted you Emily," he says shifting his eyes to me.

"Harry..."

"I asked if you had my phone, and you said no. You lied to me," he says looking at the ground.

"Harry, I know, I'm sorry," I respond, "I shouldn't have taken your phone. I'm sorry, I'm really-"

"I don't like being betrayed Emily."

I stare at Harry in silence.

"You're just like everyone else Emily," Harry says, "you're nice and sweet on the outside, but really you're just a manipulative liar."

"Harry," I say, "it was just your phone. And I didn't do anything except text Niall to see how he felt about me. No harm done."

"Why should I believe you?" Harry responds, "you've lied to me this whole time and-"

"Are you serious?!" I yell, "You've lied to me this whole time! You used me! You used me to fall in love with that boy who just wanted me for sex! How do you think that makes me feel! You deserve much worse than me taking your phone! You can't call me manipulative when that's all you and Niall have done to me! You forced yourself into my home for god's sakes!"

Harry clenches his jaw. He's digging in his fingernails.

"Emily," Stephanie says, "we really need to go. Class is starting soon and-"

"I'll see you two later," Harry interrupts without eye contact, "bye."

Harry turns on his heels and walks away from us. Stephanie stares at me in shock until Harry is out of our sight.

"I can't believe you said that to him Emily," Stephanie says.

"He needed to hear it, hopefully he leaves me alone and-"

"Emily, you don't get it!"

"What?"

"I'm so stupid for letting you do that. I wasn't thinking straight. I'm so stupid. Why would I let you-"