Chapter Thirty-Four

Two song lyrics in this chapter. One lyric is easy to miss. Please please please vote and comment! It would mean the world to me! I love you. <3

-------------------

I'm still sitting in the kitchen. It's been over ten minutes since Harry and Taylor disappeared upstairs. I'm clasping my hands together under my chair to keep them from shaking. I stare down at the table, but I can't stop glancing at the top of the stairs to see when they will return. I close my eyes and whisper to myself reassuring positive phrases to make me feel better. I tell myself that I need to relax because I'll be home soon. I'll be able to curl up in my own bed in my own apartment and be away from these mentally insane people because they're starting to destroy me mentally. If only I could-

"Emily," I hear Niall's voice over an intercom in the wall, "please walk up the stairs."

I hesitate. Can I refuse? Do I even have a choice? Should I just accept whatever is coming to me?

"Emily..." I hear again. His voice is soft, soothing even, "please."

I take a deep breath and rise from my chair. I slowly walk towards the stairs and begin to walk upstairs. I reach the top of the stairs and notice several large hallways leading in different directions.

"Left," I hear Niall's voice.

I look to my left and begin to walk down the hallway. The wide hallway is made of mahogany with the wood arching over the hallway with intricate designs engraved in the wood. I continue walking as I look at the walls. Several huge frames are on both sides of the hallway. Original portraits of both Niall and Harry are in the frames. Harry's paintings on the left and Niall's paintings on the right.

All I can hear are my footsteps. I take several more steps until I hear a loud bang on the wall. I immediately stop as I hear muffled screams coming from behind the wall behind a portrait of Niall. It sounds like glass shattering.

I hear the intercom click on, but no sound comes out.

I stand still. Too afraid to move.

"Emily! Stay where you are," I hear Taylor's voice through the intercom. She's breathing heavily. The intercom clicks off to dead silence.

I stand in the same spot for several minutes. I cringe each time I hear a pound or a scream from the wall.

Suddenly, I see Taylor run from around the corner. She's crying.

"They're not ready," she stammers, "we have to get out of here. Fast."

Before I have time to respond, we hear another bang on the wall and she grabs my hand and pulls me down the hallway. My eyes are wide as I look back down the hallway to try and see anything. All I hear are muffled screams from behind the wall.

Taylor has a tight grip on my arm as she leads me down the stairs and out the front door. There is snow all over the ground. It's freezing outside.

"I'll explain later," Taylor says without turning to look at me, "just please get in the car."

I follow Taylor down the sidewalk, her hand still grabbing my arm, to a row of cars.

She picks a black Maserati Ghibli and I get in the passenger seat. She quickly turns on the expensive car and we speed out of the driveway and begin driving down the road. She didn't say a word.

"Please talk to me," I finally say.

"They're not ready," she responds, her eyes remaining on the road in front of her.

"You already said that. Where are we going?"

"Anywhere but at that house."

"Why? Tell me what happened! Tell me why I'm here! I'm tired of being lied to and you even said yourself you didn't want to see me going through this!"