Chapter Thirty-Five

I just wanted to say if you're reading this, I love you. <3

There are three 1D song lyrics in this chapter, who find them all? Please vote and comment letting me know your responses to the chapter! Thanks for reading! <3

-------------------------

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" Taylor says.

Taylor's eyes are on the road as we drive down a road surrounded by snow-capped trees.

"It won't hurt to try," I respond.

"They might hurt us if we try!" Taylor yells, "Since when did you become so headstrong? From what I've heard, I thought you were submissive."

"Like I said before, we can't just sit here and let men take advantage of us!"

"You're right."

Taylor takes a deep breath as her eyes remain focused on the road in front of her.

"So where are we going?" I say.

"There's a little shopping mall and restaurant area for the pilots to go to because they're not allowed to go to the other malls."

"That's kinda awful," I respond.

"I know, but that's the way it works with the people here. They only associate with the upper class."

"Except Niall and Harry, right?"

"Yeah, I guess," Taylor says.

I start to bite my fingernails as my body shivers with nerves.

"I have a really bad feeling about this," I stammer.

"There's no going back now."

"Maybe I should just go back and do what they brought me here to do then we can escape later. Also, they said we're supposed to be flying back tomorrow! We shouldn't be trying to escape in the first place! What were we thinking?!"

I start to laugh, but Taylor turns her head to give me a look that shatters my elation.

"Emily..." she says.

"What?"

"They weren't planning to fly back tomorrow."

"What do you mean they weren't planning to fly back tomorrow? I have to get back to school," I say.

"Do you really think they care if you're absent?"

"Well, no, but, I mean-"

"They'll keep you for as long as they want you."

"They can't just hold me against my will."

"Yes, yes they can."

"No, they can't! They can't just-"

"Because...because that's what they do to me."

I freeze in my speech. Taylor grips the wheel tightly and I notice she is trying to hold back tears.

"I'm trapped," Taylor sobs, "I can't leave. I've tried before, but I'm on a strict 'Taylor Hill cannot leave this city' policy that I cannot break even though it's a violation of my rights! I'm stuck here! I'm forbidden access to any phone! I haven't talked to my family in so long! They probably think I'm dead!"

Taylor pulls over to the side of the road, parks the expensive car and tears start to pour down her face.

"I've been lying to you Emily," she cries, "I've been stalling until I get a notification through the car that I can go back home. If it was this easy to just leave, don't you think I would have done it by now? I'm not stupid, Emily. I've thought of so many different ways to get out of this fucking town but none have ever worked!"