Chapter Twenty-Four

I've incorporated lyrics again! This chapter has only one, and it's pretty easy. Good luck and don't stop voting! I love you!

———————-

"Before we talk about revenge, who burned the house down?" I ask Stephanie.

Stephanie takes a deep breath.

"Are you ready?" she says.

"Yes."

"Okay, so it was February 1st, Harry's birthday. This would be his first birthday spent without his parents and it was really hard for him. He was the one out of the boys who the accident hit the hardest. Maybe you didn't know this but before college, he was really introverted. I mean really, really introverted."

"Yeah, he told me about that."

"He never really talked to anyone. As you know, my parents were close to theirs so our families would get together a lot. Every time I would try and talk to Harry, his face would turn really red and he would start shaking. Usually Niall would be with Harry to talk for him."

"That's very sweet of Niall."

"Niall was a great brother, Harry being the youngest; Niall was sort of a protector of his little brother. It was a beautiful relationship really."

"I can imagine," I respond.

"Home was everything for Harry. That's where he spent all his time. He never went out like his brothers and his only true friend was Niall. He spent most of his time as an adolescent exploring the gardens and woods of their estate alone. So when home was taken away from him, a piece of him was torn away."

I stare at Stephanie with woe.

"Anyways, back to the fire. That day, it was a Saturday. Deo, the boy Harry was staying with, and his parents had left that day to go on 'business.' Harry thought he was being left alone on his birthday. What Harry didn't know is that Deo and his parents came to my house to help get ready for a huge surprise birthday party for Harry. All the families were going to be there. All the brothers would reunite. Everything was Niall's idea."

"Oh my god...then what happened?"

"After everything for the party was set up and perfect according to Niall, Deo went back to his house. He returned only to find the Styles' family mansion in flames from top to bottom."

My mouth drops open and I stare at Stephanie with my eyes agape.

"Deo immediately called the emergency line. Then he called us who were in our party hats, hiding, and waiting for Deo to return with Harry to my house. We got the call and we all rushed to the Styles house. The sight was horrifying. The house was slowly being crumpled by the flames and falling to the ground. The fire department was there trying to subdue the flames. Harry was nowhere to be found. Niall wouldn't stop screaming, but the fire department wouldn't let Niall go into the mansion. They told him they searched the house up and down."

A tear runs down Stephanie's cheek. She wipes it away.

"Then, Deo told us that he had an idea where Harry could be. We begged Deo not to, but he ran into the flames and wouldn't stop. The fire department did not stop Deo. We all waited for what seemed like hours. We were all crying. Niall was still screaming. Niall screaming 'I can't lose him' still haunts me to this day."

I gape at Stephanie.

"We waited. And waited. And waited. Then suddenly Deo emerged from the fire carrying Harry is his arms. Both of their skin burned from the flames. Harry was unconscious."