Chapter Seventeen

Those of you who are voting and commenting like hella on each chapter, I see you and I love you. <3 Also, only one person found the lyric reference from Taken in Chapter Fifteen?! That's one of my favorite songs! I'm a little shocked! There are three lyrics in this chapter. Who can find them all?

--------------

"Holy shit, I've seen you before," he says as his caramel-colored eyes are filled with confusion, "what are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same of you!" I scream.

"Shhhh!!!" he says and places a finger over my mouth, "I'm not going to have sex with you."

"Only because it's me. Is that what you spend your free time doing? Raping innocent women?!"

"No."

"You're a liar."

"I set them free," he says.

"What?"

"Yes," he begins, "at this point, if they're willing to, I direct girls to a secret passage over there and they leave and I never see them again."

He points to the wall and I see a slight indention indicating the wall could remove in that spot. Zayn then walks over to the wall and removes a piece of metal revealing a large, dark tunnel that is just big enough to crawl through.

"See?" he says.

"But-"

"I'm not going to fuck you or anything. But you are very lucky that you got me instead of one of the other guys."

"Oh my god." I'm shaking from relief. "Thank you."

"Haha. You're welcome. I never got your name when you bolted out on me in that Starbucks."

"Emily."

We are now both sitting next to each other on the bed.

"Emily, why did you run out of the Starbucks when I told you my name?"

"It's been a long fucking day, but I work with your brother Niall."

"Oh. What happened?" Zayn says.

"Well, as you know, your family has been big news around town the past few years, and I was finally told all about it and then I saw you and I kind of freaked. I'm sorry Zayn."

"Oh," he responds and scratches the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

"Well," Zayn begins, "what did you hear about me, well my family?"

"Everything. About what happened with your parents and your brothers and the split-up. And I have a question. Do you hate your brothers?"

"Honestly," Zayn says and looks at me with sadness in his eyes, "no."

"But-"

"I know everyone thinks that I hate them and that I want to kill them, but I really don't. I miss what we once had. We were so close when we were young and I wish that we could share that again."

Zayn looks down at the floor then looks back into my eyes with his mouth half open.

"After my parent's death, everything fell apart. We all turned against each other for no reason and there was a lot of fighting and crying that I wish just didn't happen."

"Zayn...I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay Emily, but how did you end up here? Are you a...prostitute?

"No! My friend put me in this slutty outfit for a party and then I caught Niall kissing another girl and I freaked and ran out and cried in the middle of the street then that fucking kid tricked me."