Chapter Two

It's him.

I told him I was in Marketing. Why didn't he tell me he is the Vice President? What is he even doing here in the first place? There is no way he is a Vice President and be so young. Unless he isn't as young as he looks. Luckily, one of my co-workers seems to read my mind.

"So how old are you... Mr... Horan?" A woman in her late 20s asks the blonde-haired boy as she squints at his name tag.

He laughs and his teeth are exposed. His teeth seem to be in a perfect straight line. His smile is beautiful. His laugh is loud and obnoxious and he almost spills his coffee but for some reason I find it cute and attractive. Emily. Stop. He is your boss.

"I knew that question was sure to come. I'm 20 years old." His laughter turns into a serious look seeming to prove that he is more qualified to be in his position than all of us.

I hear a gasp from the same woman who gasped before. Everyone in the room is shocked. Except for me. I am actually glad to have someone my own age working here, but I don't know how I feel about him being my boss.

A man about 40 years old crosses his arms and speaks.

"I'm not gonna work my ass off for some kid. This is degrading."

Niall responds, "Well there are plenty of people willing to take your spot." He says as the man rolls his eyes and Niall takes a sip from his coffee mug.

I notice his coffee mug reads has a vulgar phrase on it. The mug reads 'Crazy Mofos' on it and I stare at it in confusion and then we make eye contact. I look away at the wall and my cheeks flare red and I hear him chuckle under his breath as he continues.

"I know some of you guys, maybe all of you disagree with me being in this position, but just think of me as a fresh mind with creative and modern marketing ideas. I need everyone's help in everything so everyone will be able to input ideas and participate in campaigns and no one will mistreat anyone or else they will be fired." He looks at us all with a genuine smile and everyone in the room seems to feel a bit more accepting to the young, and very attractive V.P. Emily. He's not attractive. He's your boss. But his hair is just so-

"So I see we have all come to a consensus," he interrupts my thoughts once again, "so let's get started with orientation. But first, I need to speak with you out in the hallway."

He's pointing at me. Why is he pointing at me? What could he possibly have to talk to me about? Is he gonna tell me how much of a wreck I am and make fun of how dumb I acted in front of him? Is he gonna ask if-

"I promise you're not in trouble. It's only the first day. Don't look so nervous." He laughs.

I am beyond embarrased. I notice glares from my co-workers taking into account our same age.

I quietly respond, "Oh I'm sorry...I was just..."

"Let's go." He says as he walks out into the hallway.

"Okay." I say as I scurry out of the room to catch him.

I exit the room and slowly shut the door behind me. I look at the ground fearing eye contact with my boss, but I know I can't avoid him forever since I will be seeing him everyday.

I slowly look up at him with scared eyes and I see him glaring at me with his lips poked out and his eyes squinting while he is rubbing his chin. What is he looking at?

"Y-yes?" I stammer.

"Emily..."

"Yeah?"

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my entire life."