▼ Love Language ▼

》The love languages describe the way we feel loved and appreciated. Everyone's love language varies from person to person.

》There are five love languages:
Words of Affirmation,
Acts of Service,
Receiving Gifts,
Quality Time,
and Physical Touch.

Understanding one's primary love language can help enhance relationships by ensuring partners communicate love in a manner that's most meaningful to each other.

》There is a theory that someone's love language is determined/has a correlation to what they lacked as a child.

》Since most relationships are characterized by caring and affection in the first place, it is more often the case that love language challenges arise from a lack of awareness about love languages, not an ability to speak each love language

Quality Time

》A person whose love language is quality time may feel most loved and appreciated when people they care about make time to be together and give their undivided attention.
This is not just being in close proximity to their partner often, but the quality of the closeness.

》Quality time may be one of your love languages if:

You feel disconnected when you don't spend enough time with a partner.

Not spending enough time with your partner(s) affects your libido.

You work hard at making time to spend with others.

》Here are some examples of expressing your love through quality time:

Cuddling together in bed for a few minutes every morning before getting up.

Making a point of having a date night every week.
Scheduling time to hang with your BFF, no matter how busy you both are.

Turning off your phone when you're having a conversation or doing something together.

Creating a ritual, like meeting for lunch once a week or taking a walk after dinner.

Physical Touch

》Those whose primary love language is physical touch feel the most love and appreciation through physical affection.

》Let's be clear that this is appropriate, consensual physical touch, which looks different depending on the situation and the type of relationship you have with the person.

》Here are some examples of expressing love through physical touch:

Kissing a partner hello and goodbye.

Being generous with your affection, including in public.

Spending some time cuddling in bed before and after sleep.

Prioritizing sex, even if you have to schedule it.
Using touch when comforting them, such as placing your hand on theirs or holding them.

》Physical contact might be your love language if:

You feel lonely or disconnected when you don't get physical affection from your partner(s).

You feel especially loved when a partner randomly kisses you or holds you.

You consider yourself a "touchy-feely" person and enjoy PDA.

Physical touch can communicate comfort to a partner who is upset and happiness or praise when a partner is celebrating.