▲ Sleep Positions ▲

》Like many other aspects of sleep, men and women have different preferences and different needs when it comes to sleep position. Studies suggest that women are twice as likely to prefer sleeping in a fetal position as men are.

》Recently some scientists, and experts, have analyzed the links between sleep position and personality. According to their work, our sleep position can reveal insights about our personalities, our mood, and our approach to life.

Sleeping on your stomach is linked to defensiveness, as well as sensitivity to criticism. Researchers point to a tendency for stomach sleepers to feel overwhelmed and lacking control in their lives.

Sleeping in a fetal position, research suggests, is associated with sensitivity, as well as a desire for comfort. Fetal position sleepers may be organized, with a tendency to overthink things. Initially, research says underneath that reserve they're warm-hearted.

Sleeping on your back is associated with self-confidence. Back sleepers may also be stubborn and have high expectations for themselves and other people. Depending on whether you sleep with your arms down at your sides (reserved) or arms and legs outstretched (relaxed, open-minded) might also have an influence.

Side sleeping (which tends to be very popular) is linked to being relaxed, open-minded, and able to compromise. Whether you sleep on your right side (more likely to smoke and rely on ) left side' (creative, well educated), with your arms at your sides (trusting and possibly gullible, also maybe rigid thinkers) or arms outstretched (tough on oneself and others, possibly suspicious, also curious about the world) may also influence your personality, outlook, and behavior.

》Research suggests a correlation between sleep position and dream type.

Right-side sleepers may experience fewer than left-side sleepers.

Back sleepers also may be more likely to have nightmares—and research indicates they may also have a harder time recalling their dreams.

Stomach sleepers, according to studies, experience dreams that are more vivid, intense, and sexual. They're also more likely to have dreams in which they're immobilized or restrained.