▼ Dreams ▼

Dreams are an amalgamation of images, memories, emotional sensations, and other subconscious stimuli that human beings and certain other animals experience while asleep.
The subconscious mind borrows from real-life experiences to construct these surreal and sleep-induced phenomena. Dreams sometimes form somewhat coherent narratives, but they also might feel more like completely random impressions in quick succession on occasion, too.

Dreaming is most common in the morning. You might find you remember your dreams better just after awakening in the morning. This is because you spend more time in the REM stage of sleep right before waking, leading to vivid and longer dreams. It's possible to have dreams during the deep sleep common throughout the night, but they'll likely be a little harder to remember once you wake up hours later.

》There is a disorder called REM sleep disorder in which one acts out their dreams. This has resulted in broken arms, legs, broken furniture, and in at least one reported case, a house burnt down.

》In rare cases of REM disorder, people actually don't dream at all. These people suffer from significantly decreased creativity and perform badly at tasks requiring creative problem-solving.

Part of your brain shuts down while you dream. The prefrontal cortex—or the part of the brain that makes sense of the wide array of stimuli you encounter while awake—shuts down while you dream. This leads to dreams taking on their bizarre and sometimes nonsensical quality, as you lose out on the ability to sift through your brain activity rationally.

You are likely to forget most of your dreams. Your brain remains at a lower level of cognition throughout the entirety of the dreaming process, and this makes it hard for most people to remember what they even dreamed about the night before. Dream recall is freshest right after you wake up and gradually fades throughout the day.

Inventions Inspired By Dreams:

The idea for Google - Larry Page
Alternating current generator -Tesla
DNA's double helix spiral form -James Watson The sewing machine -Elias Howe
Periodic table -Dimitri Mendeleyev

》It is proven that in dreams, we can only see faces that we have seen in real life before. (just imagine how many dreams you've been in!)

》The three most widely reported emotions felt during dreaming are anger, sadness, and fear.

》70% of all the characters in a man's dream are other men, but women's dream contains an equal amount of women and men.

Men and women dream differently. While everyone can dream about all sorts of different things, there are some core differences in common dream themes between men and women. For instance, men dream more often about having to act aggressively, while women tend to have dreams about hard conversations or experiencing rejection.

Dimethyltryptamine is an extremely potent illegal drug, producing a synthetic replication of the chemicals used by our brain whilst we dream. People have taken this drug not only to help them dream at night but during the day too!

Several theories attempt to explain the purpose of dreams.

Freudian theory suggests they are a reflection of repressed desires, 

Activation-Synthesis hypothesis proposes they're the brain's way of making sense of random neural activity during sleep.

Recent theories, like the Continual-Activation theory, suggest they serve to process, encode, and integrate the day's experiences into our memories.

Lucid dreaming refers to the experience of becoming aware that one is dreaming while still in the vision. In some cases, this awareness can be accompanied by control over the dream's content.
While not everyone regularly experiences lucid dreams, with practice, most people can induce and enhance these intriguing conscious states.

》Since 2006 over 2,000 people have come forward claiming to see this EXACT man in their dream(s) : WARNING ITS WAY SKETCHY

(This makes my heart r a c e)