▼ Introverts ▼

》An introvert is a person with qualities of a personality type known as introversion, which means that they feel more comfortable focusing on their inner thoughts and ideas, rather than what's happening externally. They enjoy spending time with just one or two people, rather than large groups or crowds.

Introverts tend to be quiet, reserved, and prefer solitary activities. They feel drained after social interaction and need alone time to recharge. Introverts often think before speaking, dislike small talk, and have a small group of close friends.

What causes introversion?
Introversion, like other aspects of personality, develops as a combination of two main factors: genes and environment.
Your genetic makeup, or traits inherited from your biological parents, plays a key role in determining where you fall on the personality continuum.
There's a good chance someone born into a family of introverts will go on to develop an introverted personality themselves — but only in part because of the genes that contribute to personality.

There are 4 types of introverts.
Social prefer small groups over large ones or may prefer solitude altogether.

Thinking: thinking introverts are introspective, thoughtful, and self-reflective. don't have a strong need to stray from large social scenes. They're often avid daydreamers with rich imaginations and a high capacity for creativity.

Anxious: Anxious introverts seek time to be alone because they often feel awkward and self-conscious.painful shyness when they're around new people.

Restrained: function at a slower pace and prefer to think before they speak and act. reserved. Restrained introverts take time to get things going

Personality traits of an introvert:
You need plenty of time for yourself
If time alone prompts feelings of peace and relief, not disappointment and stress, you're likely more introverted than extroverted.

You have a hard time with conflict
Some evidence suggests introverted people tend to have a greater sensitivity to negative evaluation and criticism

You prefer a close circle of friends
Many introverts have just a small circle of friends, but it's not because they can't make friends or dislike people. Research suggests, in fact, that high-quality relationships play a major role in happiness for introverts.

You zone out to get away
Do you catch yourself "escaping" from unpleasant or stressful situations by letting your mind wander or drift to something more relaxing?

The spotlight doesn't tempt you
Maybe you don't mind working in smaller groups, but you always choose behind-the-scenes roles.

Too much socializing drains you
It's not true that introverts hate social interaction and avoid it entirely. All the same, you might find yourself needing more time to recharge between events than a more extroverted person.

You work better on your own
Working at your own pace gives you time to reflect and consider your approach before focusing your energy on the task, without having to navigate group dynamics or tune out the chatter.
Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean you have trouble getting along with others. You may just find it easier to concentrate when working alone.

》Introverts prefer to use a different neurotransmitter similar to dopamine called acetylcholine, linked to pleasure; the difference is, acetylcholine makes us feel good when we turn inward. It powers our abilities to think deeply, reflect, and focus intensely on just one thing for a long period of time. It also helps explain why introverts like calm environments

》It's not that introverts have less dopamine present in their brains than extroverts do. In fact, both introverts and extroverts have the same amount of dopamine available. The difference is in the activity of the dopamine reward network. It is more active in the brains of extroverts than in the brains of introverts

》A 2007 study of 130 Russian participants suggests people with higher levels of extroversion may respond differently to dopamine, a neurotransmitter essential for your brain's reward system.
In short, extroverts get a jolt of satisfaction or energy from social interactions because of dopamine. Introverts, by contrast, might simply feel overstimulated.

》An introvert can have fun without jumping all over the place. In fact, an introvert is rarely bored because they're deep in thought most of the time. Their thoughts keep them from boredom.

》Introverts react quickly to new information but are slower to monitor change

》Introverts aren't risk-averse, but they are more careful and calculated about what risks they choose to take.

Pretending to be extroverted for introverts can affect their performance negatively.

Happiness might not be a top priority for introverts, and it's actually okay.

》 They're not shy, but they want to avoid meaningless interactions.