▲ 'Shrooms' / Mushrooms ▲

I AM NOT CONDONING THE USE OF SHROOMS/MUSHROOMS (Highkey sounds kinda lit tho coming from a person with severe panic disorder)

》The 'mushroom' is one of more than 100 species that contain compounds called psilocybin and psilocin, which are psychoactive and cause hallucinations, euphoria and other trippy symptoms.

》The compounds in psilocybin mushrooms may give users a "mind-melting" feeling, but in fact, the drug does just the opposite — psilocybin actually, boosts brains conectivity according to an October 2014 study.

Psilocybin works by activating serotonin receptors, most often in the prefrontal cortex. This part of the brain affects mood, cognition, and perception. Hallucinogens also work in other regions of the brain that regulate arousal and panic responses.

Psilocybin does not always cause active visual or auditory hallucinations. Instead, it distorts how some people that use the drug perceive objects and people already in their environment.

》The quantity of the drug a person consumes, their past experiences, and their expectations of how the experience will take shape can all impact the effects of psilocybin.

》The hallucinogenic effects of psilocybin usually occur within 30 minutes after a person ingests it and last 4–6 hours. In some individuals, changes in sensory perception and thought patterns can last for several days.

》The potency of a magic mushroom depends on:

species
origin
growing conditions
harvest period
whether a person eats them fresh or dried

Central Americans were using psilocybin mushrooms before Europeans had landed on the New World's shores

》A 2011 study found that after one dose of psilocybin, people were more open to new experiences for at least 14 months, a shockingly stable change.

'Shrooms' actually pause or destroy fear during use. A 2013 study in mice found that, when given the drug, the animals became less likely to freeze up when they heard a noise they had learned to associate with a painful electric shock. Mice that were not given the drug also gradually relaxed around the noise, but it took longer.

》Studies suggest that psilocybin can be used to treat cancer-related psychiatric distress, depression, anxiety, nicotine addiction, and substance use disorders.

Results of a study on the effects of psilocybin.

Out of 36 test subjects, a third said that their experience was the most significant (spiritual) experience of their lives, while over two thirds stated that it was definitely in their top five most significant life experiences.
More so, 79% of the subjects reported increased well-being in the months following the study.

》'Magic' mushrooms can be eaten fresh or dry. It can also be brewed as a tea.

》A typical trip on magic mushroom leads you to a sort of transitory state between sleep and wakefulness, commonly described as a waking dream state. Some studies suggest that a mushroom trip is neurologically similar to dreaming.

》If the user has a mental health condition or feels anxious about using the hallucinogen, they face a higher risk of having a bad experience.

Psilocybin mushrooms have been classified as Schedule I dug in the United States that means it is considered to have a high
potential for abuse and no accepted medical use, which makes it illegal. (Honestly this bothers me a lot)

》There are myths that magic mushrooms cause stomach bleeding, brain bleeding, and kidney failure. There is no evidence that magic mushrooms are responsible for any of these.

Side effects of magic mushrooms can include both physical and mental effects

Physical effects:
Dilated pupils
Drowsiness
Headaches
Increased heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature
Lack of coordination
Muscle weakness
Nausea
Yawning

Mental effects:
Distorted sense of time, place, and reality
Euphoria
Hallucinations (visual or auditory)
Having introspective (spiritual) experiences
Panic reactions
Paranoia
Psychosis
Nervousness

》The short-term effects of magic mushrooms typically wear off in 6 to 12 hours. But users can experience long-term changes in personality and flashbacks long after taking the drugs.

》While users rarely report physical symptoms of withdrawal when they stop using the drug, some experience psychological effects, which may include depression.

Some individuals who use psilocybin may also experience fear, agitation, confusion, delirium, psychosis, and syndromes that resemble schizophrenia, requiring a trip to the emergency room.
In most cases, a doctor will treat these effects with medication, such as benzodiazepines. Symptoms often resolve in 6–8 hours as the effects of the psilocybin wear off.