▼ ADHD ▼

》Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a brain disorder marked by an ongoing pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with functioning or development.

》There are three types of ADHD

Inattentive type (difficulty to focus and finish a task)

Hyperactive-impulsive type (very talkative and restless)

Combined type (both are equally dominant – the most common type)

Interestingly, a child may be diagnosed with one of these only to later exhibit behavior of another type.

ADHD IS caused by chemical, structural, and connectivity differences in the brain, mostly as a result of genetics.

》Research  that some parts of the brain tend to be a little smaller and/or take longer to mature in kids with ADHD. (This doesn't mean kids with ADHD aren't smart.)

ADHD is a non-discriminatory disorder affecting people of every age, gender, IQ, religious and socio-economic background.

Boys are far more likely to have ADHD seeing as 13.2% will develop it compared to only 5.6% of girls. The discrepancy diminishes with age, but it is always present according to most studies.

ADHD isn't just a childhood disorder. About over the age of 18 deal with ADHD on a daily basis.

Sleep disorders affect people with ADHD two to three times as often as those without it.

Depression can be caused by ADHD.  There are some experts who state that 70 percent of the patients with ADHD experience depression.

》According to ADHD statistics, teens with ADHD are 4 times more likely to get involved in a car crash, and even 7 times more likely to have another vehicle incident. ADHD teens get injured 3 times more as well.

ADHD symptoms show up between ages 3-6. Kids with more severe ADHD usually get diagnosed around age 5. Those with mild cases usually are found around age 8.

Kids whose birthdays are close to the cutoff dates for school enrollment are more often mistakenly thought to have ADHD than their peers are. The students may simply be a bit younger and less mature compared to their classmates.

》 Some celebrities with ADHD:

Simone Biles

Michael Jordan

Michael Phelps

Will Smith

Jim Carey

Walt Disney

Channing Tatum

Justin Timberlake