▲ Phones ▲

Leave me some ideas below! (They have to be psychology related!)

》You know that irritating habit your friend has of casually checking her texts while you're talking? Well, now it's so common there is an established name for it: phubbing, as in phone-snubbing.

》According to an article on psychology today, 40% of the American population suffers from Smartphone addiction.

On top of this, 58% of men and 47% of women suffer from Nomophobia, i.e. the fear of being without a smartphone.

Phantom vibrations or ringing is a false belief that your phone is ringing or has received a notification, even though it has not.

About 80% of the people have experienced false vibrations and around 30% have heard ringing that simply did not exist.

For children of mothers who used cell phones, the child also using cell phones themselves, there was a 50% relative increase in reported behavioral problems

A Smart Phone Addiction test, developed by David Greenfield, PhD, of the Center for Internet and Technology Addiction at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. According to Greenfield, a "yes" answer to more than 5 out of the 15 questions indicates that a person likely has a problematic relationship with their mobile device. Try it for yourself—but be prepared. As Price herself admits, these days it seems like "the only way to score below a 5 on this test is to not have a smartphone."

》Most of the phone addicts completely cut themselves off from real life and thus limit interactions with people and other real life experiences.
They see the world through their phones and interact less.
This prevents them from making their lives a little better or indulging in other activities that might actually be fun and refreshing for them.

》Parents who are addicted to their phones are also more likely to spend more of their time on it as opposed to spending time with their kids.
This can cause increased frustration in the children, who then take out this frustration in different ways.